Ronin wallet (Axie Infinity) support?

Hey there @mooglestiltzki! I appreciate the update on this. I have heard of people canceling the transfer from Ronin to MetaMask to wait for the gas fee to come down. The WETH does still get stuck, but if you were planning to withdraw already, then waiting for the gas fee to come down isn’t the worst thing to happen.

I’m definetly bookmarking that page you listed.

I will continue to use the MetaMask as the in-between for Trezor and the Ronin. I appreciate the insight into this.

Thanks for the offer of the Ledger referral. I wont need one as of right now, but maybe down the road. Haha.

1 Like

i use both trezor and ledger. both have their pros and cons :}

1 Like

Hi there I have the same exact doubt.
I’ve set the Trezor to work with MM and exported the public key of a given ETH address provided by Trezor.
Then linked Ronin to my Trezor and when the suite prompted me to choose an address to export, I had the chance to check that exact ETH address only that it had the “ronin:” prefix.
Does this work? Is this safe?

in trezor suite, note down your eth address.

then in metamask i used that eth address when adding the wallet.

then in ronin, i also use the same eth address.

So now i got these addresses

ronin:xxxxxxxxxx

metamask = 0x…

if u replace the ronin: with 0x its basically the same address as ronin.

However don’t confuse them both to be the same.

Consider them separate wallets. However if u had WRONGLY sent from metamask to the ronin wallet WITHOUT using the ronin bridge, what happens is, those funds get sent to the 0x… address. The only way i managed to recover it is when i added the ronin address to metamask (i replace the ronin: with 0x).

Any transaction that involves the ronin wallet needs to be done through the ronin bridge. The only exception is when u are transfering from 1 ronin wallet to another ronin wallet. You do this by going through the ronin wallet, click send, then add the ronin wallet address.

So what do u do with ur trezor that is linked to ronin wallet and metamask wallet. Basically, make sure that trezor suite is running. and your trezor is unlocked. Then do whatever transaction on the ronin or metamask wallets that are linked to the trezor. Each time it will prompt you on the trezor to authorize.

From what i noticed, if u use the ronin bridge to withdraw slp, weth or whatever from the ronin wallet to metamask, once you click confirm in ronin bridge on the website, u are not able to reject it on the trezor. Yes there is an option to cancel, but if u do that, your transfer will be stuck in pending purgatory (it’s no longer in your ronin wallet at this point). So MAKE SURE you indeed want to transfer BEFORE you do so in ronin bridge. because the moment u confirm, you cannot reject even when using the trezor. Don’t ask me why it’s like that, i only report as i observed how it worked.

As for using the same eth address when creating the metamask and ronin wallets, i asked this and 2 youtubers both said this is exactly what they did themselves. So i just left it as is, because others are doing it without issue (afaik).

Summary, even if u created metamask and ronin using same eth address (which u got from the trezor), just treat them as 2 separate wallets. For recovery, make sure to backup trezor recovery seedphrase, metamask recovery seed phrase, and ronin wallet seed phrase. I think only the trezor recovery seed phrase is needed, but just in case best to backup all 3.

PS:

Exchange > metamask > ronin wallet

ronin wallet > metamask > exchange

Never attempt to bypass metamask to send direct from exchange to ronin wallet and vice versa. And another reminder that transactions between metamask and ronin wallet MUST ALWAYS be done using the ronin bridge via the axie website dashboard (DO NOT attempt to use the metamask UI send button. This won’t work)

when moving eth from metamask to ronin wallet, the eth gets converted to weth. axie marketplace uses the weth. when transfering from ronin to metamask, the weth gets converted back to ETH.

tip: if you have scholars, you can create additional wallets in trezor by adding a passphrase. Then using the eth address from those new wallets (created using passphrases), you can then create a new metamask and ronin wallet using that.

thats pretty much all i know, hope it helps.

3 Likes

This is SO USEFUL that it hurts!
Thank so much!!! :smiley: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

I forgot to mention, in trezor, you can decide whether to NOT use passphrases, OR to use passphrases.

Without a passphrase, you simplify the process, that to recover, you need only know your seed recovery phrase, and to replace the trezor that was missing (if it was).

But with a passphrase (which is what i recommend to use because of the many benefits), not only do you need the recovery seed, you ALSO need to have the passphrase, or you won’t be able to restore your wallet. This is basically an extra thing to remember. But if you are writing it down, i don’t think this is such a big problem, but something to consider.

Then why go through the hassle of using passphrases? actually there is a lot of benefits for doing so

1. you can use passphrases to create hidden wallets. So if you are forced to login to your wallet, you can opt not to enter your wallet passphrase. This then leads you to the default blank passphrase wallet (or you can enter an unused passphrase to lead to an empty wallet, or to a dummy wallet u had prepared with some shit worthless memecoins)

2. with passphrases you can then create MULTIPLE wallets on the same trezor. This is good for managing your scholars. So you can separate out a wallet that is dedicated for the scholar accounts separate from your main personal wallet (well technically as the manager it all belongs to you, but i prefer separating it out for easier management).

Other useful things you can do with your trezor, you can set it up as a password manager.

It’s not as comprehensive compared to something like Keepass, but if you are storing just a few important ones, i think it’s fine until trezor decides to develop it more. But what you can do here is, store your axie scholar accounts credentials, and also other important login details. To access this list you need to plugin the trezor to connect it, then to grab the database from your dropbox (set a 2fa for dropbox and make it private) which is encrypted. You can access this password list anywhere globally, as long as you have a pc and you install the trezor password manager browser extension, and plugin your trezor, thats all you need to access your login credentials :}

The next thing you can do is FIDO2 login. Example, the gmail you created for your scholars (you only need 1 gmail for the scholars, because when registering scholars do this [email protected] , [email protected], [email protected] and so on. What this does is make all those emails as if they are unique, but in reality they all get sent to [email protected] and this is why you only need 1 email rather than create so many. Just be mindful that when registering these +1, +2 etc, that the password on the axie website SHOULD BE DIFFERENT to that of the other axie +1, +2, +3 so other scholars cannot login to another scholars account. Also that these passwords should be different than the password that logs in to the actual email at gmail.com ).

Fido 2 you can add as an extra login option to login to the gmail account that support fido2. How it works is, when you go gmail and try login, select the use FIDO2 device, plugin your device, unlock it, then it will prompt a “do you want to authorize login to gmail?” then press yes. That’s it, now you are logged in. This is what fido2 does, it creates a simplified passwordless login that is secure. Just think of it as a 2fa alternative to google authenticator. Though doesn’t hurt have have both options, just in case 1 doesn’t work, they are both secure methods to login to the gmail :smiley: (it doesn’t have to be just gmail. this will work with any site that supports fido2 as a 2fa method)

hopefully this helped even more.

3 Likes

Great stuff Moogle!!

1 Like

watchout:

1 Like

I will add something related to the understanding of the Ronin / Trezor mechanism. If I’m wrong, at least I will learn something new today.

I fully agree with everything said here except for one statement. That a real Trezor address can’t store a NFT.

If we are talking about a NFT built on Ethereum at least, like the popular ERC-721 protocol, I think the address to receive it is just an ethereum address as the Trezor use.

So you should be able to receive it (as long as you don’t have to sign anything, I think this is the case when receiving tokens?). But the Trezor would not show it and you would not be able to move it from the Trezor because Trezor can’t sign NFT transactions required to send.

You should be able to import your Trezor seed into another wallet that supports this ethereum NFT though to retrieve your NFT assets. This would of course compromise your Trezor seed.

So this doesn’t change anything on the way recomended here to use Trezor for Axie Infinity. But may explain why the Ronin wallet does what it does.

Be safe everyone.

Know that ERC-721 and ERC-20 are different protocols, even if they’re both on the Ethereum blockchain. Trezor supports ERC-20 tokens but not ERC-721 tokens.

Hi. Seeking your help in transferring my axs to ronin.

Mistakenly transferred axs from binance to ronin directly (erc20). Status now is completed on binance but axs is not showing on ronin.

Should I transfer my axs from trezor wallet to metamask, then metamask to ronin (through ronin bridge)?

Hi,

i don’t have axs so i never tested this.

I heard that someone tried sending weth to binance and they ended up losing their weth assuming the ronin chain worked on binance for that coin

don’t just simply assume. find out first, and always test FIRST with small amounts.

I only can confirm that slp using ronin network worked.

as for ur coin, you best ask binance support and axie support.

You could try checking if ur coin got send to your NON ronnin address. What you do is

Go to metamask, import ur ronin wallet address but by removing ronin: and replacing that with 0x

then go goinceck, search for eth and weth and click the metamask icon for them to add that coin to the metamask wallet. check if there is a balance.

double check on explorer for that address.

if it’s not there, and if it’s not on ronin wallet either, then… :cry:

anyway recap.

ronin bridge which you can find here top left
https://marketplace.axieinfinity.com/

this is used for withdrawing from ronin wallet to metamask, or depositing into ronin wallet from metamask. Thats all that ronin bridge is used for afaik.

As for the RECENT binance integration. To use that, go to binance look for slp, then click deposit. select ronin network. The address they give u is 0x, this is incorrect. You have to replace 0x for ronin:
Next go to ronin wallet, click send, add the binance ronin wallet address, then send (recommended test with a little slp just to test first). i’ve done this it worked. Also afaik this was setup for SLP so far. Not sure about other coins like AXS, ETH/WETH.

Also last i heard they disabled the binance integration not sure whether it was maintenance or they r doing something else. I haven’t checked the update news on this.

Thats all i know :confused:

2 Likes

Yes. Transfer your axs to your MetaMask, and then deposit via the Ronin Bridge. Always deposit using the Ronin Bridge.

2 Likes

I wish I could get Binance to work for me. I’m US and am unable to get my account verified by them for some reason…

to my understanding, us need to use binance US. not the international binance.

It worked! Thanks to trezor. :wink:

Created metamask (hardware) before the transfer which synced with my trezor so it automatically detected the token. Just added eth on it then transferred all axs to ronin through the ronin bridge. Worked like magic.

Thanks to all responses. :slight_smile:

did u try binance US ? this is not the binance regular. its the one for us users

Is this process feasible? I wanted to wipe my trezor to start clean and organize all accounts.

1.Move all assets out of trezor (basic ronin)
2.Wipe Trezor
3.Transfer all assets back to clean Trezor
3.Reformat pc
4.add RON and meta ext. to chrome

Am I missing a step?

Not sure if you ever attempted this, but yes this process is feasible and I actually just guided someone through the process recently.

If you still have questions feel free to join my discord and ask them there in my Trezor Support channel.

ihave 12 Account created on Trezor ronin Wallet then i accidentally created 1trezor metamask account that replaced my 1st Ronin wallet in trezor then the address has change not the default ronin …now i cant claim my assets on the 1st account because the address has removed on my trezor wallet and i cant find it…
can i recover it ?