Pop up window dissappears when confirming metamask transaction

the checkbox you are not getting shows up when you connect Trezor and it asks for public keys

Yes, that is correct. It pops up for a second and goes away. I quickly go to History and reopen the tab and it is the green spinning circle of death “LOADING” will not go to the next screen which is what you are referring to.

try to uninstall ablock completely, also try MyEtherWallet.

Otherwise comment into Github issue with your exact setup and findings

How do I get to Githib?
I am almost 100% defi and I am not sure Ether wallet will work everywhere.

Hello, I have same issue, exporting keys then stuck when popup window where i must clicking pasword show up for 2 seconds and disapear…I tried everithing

Hey guys. Do we have solution for this already? Really tired of this issue.

I disabled ad blocker on google chrome and it works for me

Please, has anyone found a fix to this? Metamask FINALLY supports trezor for marketplaces like Looksrare and Opensea, and this dang pop up error is still an issue! No ad or pop up blockers, metamask is up to date, trezor is up to date, cache cleared, about:restart attempted–STILL get the connect.trezor pop up for a brief instant before it then disappears. Please help :(((( ily

This is still a major issue that I can’t get around.
If trezor pop up is in a new window, it’ll fail. 1/10 times it pops up in a tab instead and it’ll usually work.

I found a fix though. I’m buying a ledger. After dealing with this for a year, and no fix I’ve decided to move on. Apologies trezor, I wanted to believe and I’ve stuck around a lot longer than I should have. Your product is unusable. I’m moving on.

1 Like

Is there still no fix for this any where?

I can’t see anything on MM side or here. But I do know that I can’t make any transactions and it’s costing me money.

In my opinion someone with access to the relevant Javascripts should go through them and look for bugs. There are possible memory leaks, unitialized / not reset variables, iFrame timouts, too many requests, and more to look into.

Since it often helps to exit the browser and restart it again, there’s probably at least one variable which is initialized correctly but later not reset properly for consecutive runs.

My only working “fix” has been to a) use the Firefox browser instead of Chrome, b) only perform one transaction in the Metamask plugin, then quit Firefox, restart it and c) perform the next transaction, d) rinse and repeat as many times you have transactions to do. It’s no guarantee this works every time, but it works better than all other things I’ve tried.

Note: Make sure adblockers and script blockers are disabled when using Trezor.io, Metamask, and related sites used in the transaction (UniSwap, Pancake Swap, etc.)

After confirming MetaMask trasnaction there should be a connection window that pops up and pulls up the the transaction on my Trezor. There is a screen that pops up for a split second but will not open the transaction approval on my Trezor… This happened occasionally before Firmware update if I had to much goin on my computer-still annoying but a quick refresh would fix it. Now it’s worse and more annoying and potentially costing me money… I’ve seen plenty of comments on other sites that I cannot sign up for because no available user names, password has been used too many time…very frustrating, but I’m sure there is a fix out there!!!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Trezor : failed to execute ‘transfer’ on usb device: a transfer error has occured

Came here to post that I’ve been a Trezor user for years and this bug has been around for as long as I can remember, and it still hasn’t been fixed. It’s super frustrating and I’ve had enough. Your product is broken!

I was reading whatever I could find on internet and was doing all the trick, yes was working for a bit on Edge then stop, currently works occasionally on Firefox (I have to keep importing nad reinstalling MM)
you know f*** this crap, I can’t farm like this. I bough ledger (sorry but that’s true) and zero problems, Im just accepting transaction on ledger not some stupid pop ups (maybe that’s the problem) and that’s all, works perfectly.

@forgi @Petosiris I just bought a new Trezor T model and have the same issue when using MEW/Metamask. Literally tried all easy recommendations:

• Issue occurs using different compatible apps: MEW and Metamask
  • I closed all browser/windows so I only use one active window
  • Tried incognito browser
  • Deleting/reinstalling metamask
  • Updating Trezor firmware and bridge
  • Check if bridge is running correctly
  • Deleting caches and history
  • Deleting adblockers
  • Trying other browsers (firefox, chrome and operah)
  • I disabled ticking the boxes automatically whenever I do receive a pop-up from Trezor (but I need a second one to confirm)
  • I even tried other laptops and it won’t help

So now my funds are stuck!

Do you have any other tips/tricks? I’m getting to a disparate point to where I’m considering to downgrade the firmware to an older version. I read that it helped some other users with the same issue.

Hi @visstick,

Not if you have tried what’s in this forum thread, in the messages above.

Also see this thread:

Thanks for you response @Petosiris !!

Do you by any chance have experience with downgrading the firmware? Can’t wrap my head around which exact file to download on github changelog…

I’m considering to downgrade to version 2.3.0 Any video’s / explanation that can point me in the right direction?

No. Personally, I’ve never had any need to downgrade the Firmware. You can find info about it here:

Downgrading firmware is not recommended, unless you have a strong reason to do it, and it won’t solve the issue of pop up window disappearing.

Also note that it may not be supported to downgrade to 2.3.0 in your case. It depends on what version you’re running now. You said in your first message that you’ve updated the firmware so then you should have 2.5.3. According to the page I linked to above, you can then theoretically downgrade to 2.5.2 or 2.5.1.

1 Like

I have a similar issue, except not even with a hidden wallet. After I click Confirm to do the transaction, a white browser window launches with a Trezor popup window and a green circle spins for about a second and then everything disappears as if it was completed. When I check the Activity in Metamask just says Failed. I’m pretty sure I’m supposed to click or approve some things when that trezor popup screen happens, but its so fast, and I don’t really know what or where to look for a solution.