Please help me I can't see any of my eth funds

So I lost my trezor model t and I am trying to recover it using a model one I have just purchased. I got my trezor model t around 2020 would the seed generated be 12 words or 24 words? (I have so many seeds from different wallet I lost track) Also I can’t remember if I used a passphrase or not. I do remember having a pin and I entered it when I was using it with Metamask every time I plug it in or after like 10-15 minutes I have to reenter the pin. I never have to put in a passphrase to sign my Metamask transaction only the pin code in the beginning so does this mean I probably didn’t use a passphrase correct? My understanding is that you have to enter a passphrase to sign every Metamask transaction is that true? I need help cause when I try to recover my wallet it doesn’t show the correct eth address and I went to alot of pages and also changed the derivation path from the bip44 to the legacy option (on Metamask) and I still couldn’t find it. What should I do?

1 Like

So I lost my trezor model t and I am trying to recover it using a model one I have just purchased. I got my trezor model t around 2020 would the seed generated be 12 words or 24 words? (I have so many seeds from different wallet I lost track) Also I can’t remember if I used a passphrase or not. I do remember having a pin and I entered it when I was using it with Metamask every time I plug it in or after like 10-15 minutes I have to reenter the pin. I never have to put in a passphrase to sign my Metamask transaction only the pin code in the beginning so does this mean I probably didn’t use a passphrase correct? My understanding is that you have to enter a passphrase to sign every Metamask transaction is that true? I need help cause when I try to recover my wallet it doesn’t show the correct eth address and I went to alot of pages and also changed the derivation path from the bip44 to the legacy option (on Metamask) and I still couldn’t find it. What should I do?

1 Like

If you think you didn’t use a passphrase…
Then the quickest way to go through a load of seeds, looking for an ETH address, is to just re-create the wallets on Metamask.

If you find the wallet, create a new seed on trezor and transfer the funds there.
The issue is gonna be if you used a passphrase with some of the seed phrases.

1 Like

Hi @ilikecats,

If you cannot see the desired ETH address in the step “Select an account”, it means you are in a different wallet. If you never typed your passphrase when you were signing transactions in the MetaMask before, then you most likely used a standard wallet (without a passphrase).

As @doge mentioned, if you did not use a passphrase, you need to check all your seeds, one of them will most likely show you the desired ETH address. Please, keep in mind that addresses are generated always in the same order, which means that if you choose an address from the first page of the list, the address will again appear in the first place.

PIN is used only to unlock Trezor devices, it is not used to derive the private keys - means PIN is not important, recovery seed is important.