Passphrase doesn't get deleted

Hello, I’m having trouble with my passphrase. It turns out that I want to change the password for the passphrase I set, and I understand that it cannot be “changed.” So, I went through the procedure of deactivating the passphrase. Then, I disconnected the device and reconnected it, and reactivated the passphrase security to create a new password. However, I’m not given the option to create a new password. I only see a message that says “The passphrase security has been activated” (with the old password that I want to change).

I need to delete this password permanently and use another one.

Hi @jonatantesta,

As far as I know, it isn’t possible to delete a Passphrase you’ve created for a Hidden wallet. The system will automatically create a new Hidden wallet for you if you specify a Passphrase that doesn’t exist from before. However, if you don’t use that newly created wallet it won’t show up anywhere.

Just create a new Hidden wallet with the Passphrase you want to use.

2 Likes

Hi @jonatantesta,

as @Petosiris mentioned, passphrase cannot be changed or deleted.

If you want to create a new one, just enter it, new wallet with new addresses will be generated (this wallet is backed by a combination of your recovery seed - stored in your Trezor and your new passphrase). This new wallet will be empty of course, you need to send all funds from your old hidden wallet (the one with passphrase you don’t want to use anymore) to your new wallet (created with a new passphrase).

Check this article, it will help you to understand how hidden wallets (with passphrase) work: https://trezor.io/learn/a/passphrases-and-hidden-wallets

2 Likes