Open Package Trezor Safe 3?

Hi Everyone, Today the Safe 3 I ordered arrived. It was inserted in my mail box by DHL. The package was weirdly open when I took it, as you can see from the image. The inside “bubble plastic” wrap is intact and sealed to the paper. The only part that is suspicious is the weird cut on the paper. Tbh idk why in the world they send this important things in a paper that is thin almost as a print paper. But besides this, I’m not sure what to do. If the package inside is still sealed is it safe? Or is there a way that they did something to it?

1 Like

This is how it was delivered

1 Like

Probably that is why the package is torn?

if the bubble wrap and the plastic wrap on the box are intact your device is safe.

Plug it it and go through the setup, the device is verified during that process.

There are a few security measurements with Trezor that can be checked:

• The USB port of Trezor T and Safe 3 should have been covered by a security hologram sticker.

• All Trezor devices are distributed without a firmware software, so you need to install it for your first use. If there is a firmware installed already, then that means that someone used this device before you.

• The bootloader verifies the firmware signature. The device only runs if the firmware is correctly signed by SatoshiLabs.

• Because the recovery seed is generated during Trezor setup, there is no default seed, only the seed you will generate for yourself. If you encounter any Trezor device with preinstalled firmware that was purchased as new, please let us know

1 Like

Hi I did all the steps and it seems secure, I used it but when I saw the seal on my Trezor and the one shown in the Trezor Website I noticed that mine has some holographic background while the trezor safe 3 in the trezor website have not this. Is it normal that they differ or not?

Basically this one have some writings in diagonal while the one shown in some videos and in the website is only black.