New Trezor for my Ronin compromised?

Hi!

I just want to ask if my newly bought Trezor Model T was already compromised.
Well it has a seal and completely packaged. The safety tag was still intact actually.

But upon creating Ronin Account through Hardware Wallet option, I noticed that the preloaded Ronin Address in the suite was not the same in the Wallet. Upon further checking, I didn’t see the Ronin address in any preloaded addresses.

Hoping that someone can help me.

Thank you.

Hi @zkim,

Note that there should be two accounts on Ronin - a Ronin account and a Trezor account. Make sure you use the Trezor account. See image.

Be aware that Trezor doesn’t support NFT tokens (for instance the Axie pets), so don’t transfer them to your Trezor.

However, the AXS token can be transferred to your Trezor, so long as you use the Ethereum network, although it may show up in the Trezor wallet as “Unknown token”. See here for more info.

Hi Petosiris!

Thank you for your reply. I was aware that there are 50 preloaded ronin addresses on the Trezor, what I dont understand is that why was this certain account (Hardware) were not one of those?

I have no intention of depositing any Tokens to a Trezor account. I just want to use it fir Axie only. Can I use the ronin like the way I used it before Trezor? Would my Axie vanish if I deposit it to a Trezor Connected Ronin Account inside the ronin extension?

Thanks!

I was referring to the Ronin Address if Isko11 - Lancer btw. Im quite worried that my Trezor was somewhat tampered. Because why else would it show different ronin address than preloaded ones?

Thanks.

@zkim,

[…] what I dont understand is that why was this certain account (Hardware) were not one of those?

As far as I can see you have at least one Trezor account, called Trezor #11, you can use with your Trezor and it seems that one uses your #11 Receive address as well, although I can’t say for sure without examining the whole address. You may have other addresses made for Trezor in your Ronin account list too, I don’t know. They should start with “Trezor #” if you didn’t rename them.

I have no intention of depositing any Tokens to a Trezor account. I just want to use it fir Axie only.

If you don’t want to use your Trezor to transfer coins/tokens to/from Trezor via Ronin, there’s no reason to connect your Trezor to Ronin at all. When you say you want to use it for Axie, I’m not sure what you mean, but as said above be aware that you can’t transfer NFTs, like the Axie pets, to your Trezor (without risk losing them).

Can I use the ronin like the way I used it before Trezor?

I don’t see why not. You can use any account native to Ronin, if you don’t want to use Trezor.

Would my Axie vanish if I deposit it to a Trezor Connected Ronin Account inside the ronin extension?

Again, if you mean by “Axie” the Axie pets (which are Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs)), then yes, you risk that they vanish since they’re not supported by your Trezor.

I was referring to the Ronin Address if Isko11 - Lancer btw. Im quite worried that my Trezor was somewhat tampered. Because why else would it show different ronin address than preloaded ones?

“Isko 11 - Lancer” doesn’t seem to be an account connected to Trezor, as far as I can see, unless you renamed one of your Trezor addresses to this name. It is strange though that it’s marked with a blue Hardware label. Maybe it’s for another hardware device? If it’s generated by Ronin, and not your Trezor, Ronin would typically generate its own address.

I don’t know if your Trezor was tampered with, but if you don’t recognize the accounts in your list at Ronin then maybe your Ronin account is tampered with. I’d advise you to change your password at Ronin and also use a Two-Factor (2FA) signin, if they provide that service.

Sir,

I want to express my gratitude for taking your time explaining this things to me. Thank you very much.

Whats vague to me was, will my Axie(pet) disappear when I transferred it to the Ronin Extension (by Trezor) via Ronin Wallet, those account are the ones with blue hardware on the side. My main reason to bought Trezor was to actually secure the Ronin Account/Address so that no one can access them without the Hardware Wallet.

Second, there is a list of 50 preloaded ronin address when I choose connect hardware wallet, that Isko11 was not one of those provided. I checked every single addresses and its not listed.

I really do appreciate your help.
Thanks again!

No problem, just happy to be of help. :slight_smile:

I don’t know Ronin intimately, since I don’t use it myself, so I can’t say how the Ronin accounts work in detail. What I do know, however, is that if you have Axie pet NFTs then please don’t attempt to transfer/withdraw them to your Trezor. Let them be in a Ronin account on the exchange.

It seems excessive to me that Ronin preloaded 50 account addresses for you. I don’t know why you’d need that to start with, unless you cannot create more later, for some reason. You’d have to ask Ronin support about that and about the Isko11 account address as well.

1 Like

ok… thank’ s bro…

i just bought trezor
than I send to my ronin hardwallet… but I can’t send again from ronin hardwllet to orther ronin…

I’m very disappointed with developer axie infinity…
they suggested using trezor but in fact my aset were stuck in a hard wallet

I tried contracting the developer but no reaction…
I immediately sold all my assets to my friends…I swiched to buyoing and selling in a safer market…

Did you create an actual axie infinity account with your Ronin Trezor Hardware wallet?