Ronin wallet (Axie Infinity) support?

I heard that Ronin wallet supports trezor for a hardware wallet.

However looking at the crypto list, i only see Weth listed.

What about (smooth love potion) SLP, AXS ??

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/smooth-love-potion

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/axie-infinity

And the Axie nft pets themselves.

Can all 3 of these crypto assets work with trezor when paired to ronin wallet ?

1 Like

hi @mooglestiltzkin

SLP and AXS are ERC20 tokens which are custom user cryptocurrencies created on Ethereum blockchain.

Every ERC20 token can be stored using Trezor device. Some of the ERC20 tokens will not be recognized by Trezor firmware, but they still can be stored and sent using Trezor. User has to specify the address path of this token, and it will be shown as “unknown token”.

In order to add desired token (and be able to send it) please navigate to your ETH account in Trezor Suite and click on three dots (right up corner) and add token address (those can be found for example on etherscan.io)

Alternatively you can pair your Trezor with Ronin wallet as you have already mentioned and manage your coins using that interface:

3 Likes

Hi Michael,

Thx for your feedback

I found this trezor guide for setting it up with ronin wallet. I uploaded the pdf to zippyshare

You can scan it first if you are worried
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/

Would it be possible for trezor to update their blog with an article for instructions for adding trezor to roning wallet for the axie gamers out there. If there is a blog with this info, it saves us the trouble having to pass these pdfs.

I take no credit for this guide, it was someone on the axie discord who created it.

1 Like

If i am not mistaken, the axie nft ingame pets are

Axie (AXIE) ERC721 Token in Ethereum Mainnet. Token is implemented as ERC721 smart contract with address

0xF5b0A3eFB8e8E4c201e2A935F110eAaF3FFEcb8d

source:

https://etherscan.io/address/0xf5b0a3efb8e8e4c201e2a935f110eaaf3ffecb8d

1 Like

i don’t know why coingecko did not list the nft token smart contract code

1 Like

By the way i help newbs get started with axie infinity by teaching them how to play it, what to do etc (no scholarships being offered). If anyone is interested to learn. Especially useful for people new to crypto, i also help with teaching about this (but plz do not share seedphrase, passwords, or crypto balances >_<: )

I suggest people buy a Trezor and use that for Axie Infinity (because it’s the only hardware wallet supported so far)

For breeding i suggest you subscribe to whoopde on youtube instead, he is more familiar with that part of the game (he doesn’t even play the game. he justs breeds axie’s that it… lel)

1 Like

Hi @mooglestiltzkin,

When you teach people about Axie and setting up Trezor, please also teach them that the Axie pets NFTs cannot be transferred to Trezor! They risk losing them since Trezor does not support NFTs.

Thank you!

1 Like

@Petosiris

Hi, thx for ur heads up. May i ask more on this?

but when u r binding trezor to ronin wallet ur adding ur trezor eth address aren’t you?

When i click added hardware wallet, it gave u an option to select the wallet to add. I added the eth address from the trezor.

so when u send the axies it goes to that address (i assume?)

but ronin: …

so if ur wallet is 0x… it uses ronin: instead (from what i observed). i assume that for dealing with ronin u still use the ronin bridge when transfering between ronin accounts, withdrawing out to metamask, or to deposit into ronin (USE THE RONIN BRIDGE).

plz explain this?

no i have not yet put any axies on here yet. still setting up and reading the manual.

metamask and ronin both using the trezor eth address.

1 Like

A successful connection to Trezor via Ronin or other exchanges have nothing to do with if Trezor support the token you try to send to Trezor. It’s important to know that you can transfer ERC-20 tokens on Ethereum but Axie pets are not ERC-20 tokens. Axie pets are Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT) and no NFTs are supported by Trezor at this time.

The AXS token is ERC-20 though, so it can be transferred to Trezor. See @zapla reply above here. See this list for supported coins & tokens: Trezor Hardware Wallet (Official) | The original and most secure hardware wallet.

i see.

then what address do u select then for the trezor to pick from the list offered after selecting to add hardware wallet? there is no explanation for this.

when added hardware wallet to ronin

1 Like

then when add hardware wallet to metamask

When Trezor generates ETH addresses for you, either on the trezor.io website or in Trezor Suite, you can use them to transfer tokens on the Ethereum network. But only compatible tokens. Those marked as ERC20 or ERC-20 are compatible and may be transferred to your Trezor. Please search and read other posts in this forum about this topic, there are many.

About how the different wallets on Ronin and Metmask work is something you should ask them about.

basically what it sounds like is…

u can create a ronin wallet using the hardware wallet, that points to the trezor eth address. Which then can hold the WETH, AXS and SLP tokens.

BUT the caveat is, this ronin wallet, CANNOT store, or play Axie’s using it.

Did i get this right?

If that is the case, why do they not clarify for the “trezor supported for ronin wallet”. This is one of the most important details o-o;

so now i need 2 ronin wallets? 1 for playing axies, the other to store the weth, slp and axs i can to keep on ronin (free transfer fees between ronin accounts).

So then if i want to buy axies to my playable ronin wallet (hot wallet i might add on the pc), i’d have to first transfer the weth needed from the hardware ronin wallet address to the hotwallet ronin address. Then i can buy the axies. When done, i can send any spare change back to the ronin cold wallet.

and axie’s still remain unprotected by a hardware wallet.

Is this the usage for the trezor? Did i understand this correctly o-o;

I guess a regular non-hardware account wallet on Ronin, which is not connected to Trezor, will be the right place to store the Axie pets. About playing with them I have no idea, since I don’t use have them or play the game.

This is a Ronin issue and you should contact them.

1 Like

damn that’s a shame. yes storing the weth, slp and axs is important. but so are those axies, lands and other ERC721 tokens used in AXIE for playing the game and trading items on the market place.

I tried suggesting before on reddit for them to add support, but they replied wait for axie to prove themselves. What??? how much does axie need to prove themselves. Did they read the news lately?? o-O;

I hope they work with the axie devs to come up with a solution so we can store axies and play using the trezor.

this is definitely not an axie dev (ronin) only issue. seems like trezor needs to add erc721 token support right or something?

Anyway thank you Petosiris for your time, much appreciated.

No problem, glad I could help. :slight_smile:

bru,

i just watched this.

This guy loaded his trezor and he has axies stored in it and it’s working in the ronin wallet and on the marketplace.

I thought you said it didn’t work?

what he didn’t demonstrate was whether he could play axie infinity with the axies on the wallet like that.

or whether he had to create another separate wallet on the trezor for metamask, or whether he was able to reuse the same eth address used by ronin wallet or not.

@mooglestiltzkin,

The first video you posted goes too fast for me to see what he’s doing. There’s no sound either so it’s hard to say what’s going on.

The second video I see he has some SLP tokens and zero AXS tokens on his Trezor (at 4:23). Both SLP and AXS are fine to send to your Trezor with the Ethereum network, because they’re ERC-20 tokens.

However, nowhere do I see he actually has any Axie pets on his Trezor. I see he transfer some to an account and maybe that’s to a Trezor account but it may also be a software account on Ronin. If it is transferred to his Trezor then he doesn’t show us it’s actually arrived and viewable in Trezor (as he did with AXS and SLP at 4:23).

So I’m not sure what he’s doing in that video, but I agree with you that he gives the impression you can transfer everything from Ronin to a Trezor hardware wallet. My guess that it’s going to confuse a lot of people if they see his video and then try to transfer Axie pets to Trezor but don’t find them afterwards on their Trezor device.