New coins support

Hi @packetpinger. Trezor supports all ERC20 tokens since they are running on ETH blockchain. However, Polkadot team have decided to launch their own mainnet which resulted into a new cryptocurrency.

At the moment, we are in the process of setting up a new strategy for implementing new coins. Anyway, Trezor team is rather conservative about supporting new mainnets, meaning there is currently no plan to integrate this coin, unfortunately.

:frowning: Luckily I only bought about 12 of the DOT, so I guess I’ll just leave them on the exchange (unless they shoot WAY up). Can you explain what is meant by “mainnet”?

Thanks!

Mainnet means network, or blockchain. Simply put, each cryptocurrency has its own blockchain where all transactions are recorded.

that’s really bad…i wanted to stick with trezor but I guess imma buy another brand wallet

2 Likes

Is there any update when this will be added? Polkadot/Kusama are picking up and I want to use Trezor otherwise I would need to go to Ledger :slightly_frowning_face:

Right now, we do not have capacity to add new coins, at the moment we have many projects with high priority. But we are working on a new approach towards adding new coins to Trezor that should ease off and speed up the process. Stay tuned for more info.

Hello.
Has anything progressed?
It would be nice if there was integration with the Talisman wallet, just like with Metamask. I am very involved in the Polkadot $DOT ecosystem and I would like to ask for integration with Trezor :slight_smile:

Hi @Vivaldi,

We do not have any immediate plans to implement support for Polkadot as other upcoming features have a higher priority.

When will the team add BSV?

When will the team add support for BSV?

When will the team add support for BSV?

Hi @JuguitoJuguitz1221,

Please note that BSV is no longer supported by Trezor due to multiple security issues with this coin and a lack of development from its community. We do not provide any service connected to BSV and we cannot guarantee the security of 3rd party wallets.

Simply put, we do not plan to support BSV.

Hi there can you tell me if Trezor has any future plans to add support for Celestia (Tia) coin? Thank you for any information.

Hi @NewMorning,

Celestia is a token on the Cosmos Hub network which is not supported by Trezor devices. We do not have any immediate plans to implement support for this network as other upcoming features have a higher priority.

Hi!
I would like to buy Trezor Safe 3 but there is one thing that puzzles me. Why does Trezor Safe 3 doesn’t support PLSX while Trezor One does? He is, after all, an older brother

Hi @KGNB,

PLSX is EVM so it is supported also by Trezor Safe 3 as every other EVM. Thank you for pointing this out, we corrected the information on https://trezor.io/coins/detail/pulsex.

Keep in mind that the Pulse network is not natively supported in Trezor Suite, you need to use 3rd party app with your Trezor for this network (for example MetaMask). Information on how to add EVM network to MetaMask can be found in the video linked in this thread: How to use EVM compatible chains with Trezor (Matic, Avax) - #2
(The Polygon network is used as an example, for the Pulsechain network you need to find and add “PulseChain” on chainlist.org)

Somebody knows if model T is going to support Algorand? there are some roadmap?

Hi @fscabrera03,

We do not have any immediate plans to implement support for Algorand as other upcoming features have a higher priority.

Hello friends!!!

The truth is that I am fascinated with the progress of the last few months, both for the incorporation of solana, as well as that of polygon. So congratulations to the Trezor team.

I understand that the portfolio of currencies that will be compatible with Trezor will be expanded. What will be the next ones to arrive?

All the best.

1 Like

Hi @barracala,

We are glad that you are satisfied with our products!

We are generally quite conservative in adding support for new cryptocurrencies, so I don’t want to make any promises. Let us surprise you!

1 Like