Lisk wallet lost

Hello,
I was trying to move my Lisk to another wallet, but I can’t do it. I’ve seen right now that Trezor decide to delist lisk 4 days before hard fork!! Not even an email, just in twitter where I don’t follow Trezor…
Do I have lost all my Lisks? Is this what you’re saying? I bought a trezor a few months ago to store my Lisks, and what I’ve been saving since 2017 it’s all lost?
I demand an explanation and some way to recover my lisks. This in unacceptable…

I’m sorry to hear about your loss of Lisk.

Lisk gave only a few days notice about the hard fork and SatoshiLabs issued a warning to Lisk users as soon as the message from Lisk were announced. In that warning it was said, among other things:

The short notice given regarding this issue is due to the fact that Lisk did not provide any notice of the incompatibility ahead of time nor did they reach out to discuss a solution or workaround.

About warning Lisk users through email, SatoshiLabs don’t save user data for more than a short time after the items in the store have been shipped, so they don’t have user emails to send to.

You should take this issue up with the Lisk people, where it belongs. I don’t know, but perhaps there’s a way you can get your funds back. If there is, they’re the only ones who may help you until a technical solution is presented to SatoshiLabs by Lisk developers.

Hello,
First of all I want to apologize because I was so rude in my previous message. After researching I’ve seen that, as you said, it was due to Lisk develops that took this unilateral way, instead of syncronize with hardware wallets, and it’s anoying that they did it this way.
Thank you for the calrification. And now I only hope that Liskish wallet will support the fork and I’ll can recover my funds, but I don’t know if it will be possible. 4 years holding for nothing… Luckily they’re the 10% of my crypto funds, but it’s a shame that they did it this wrong…
Kind regards

2 Likes

No problem, I hope you get a solution for this soon. It all depends on the Lisk developers and if they’re interested in publishing a technical solution to the public - and developers of hardware wallets, like Trezor. You and other Lisk owners can maybe speed up the process by complaining to the Lisk people. The more pressure you put on them, the more likely they are to fix it quickly, I think.

In the mean time, just let your old Lisk coins remain in the blockchain and take care of your Trezor’s private seed key and any passphrase you use, so you have the tools you need if there ever comes a solution.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe it should be possible to access your Lisk coins by entering your Trezor seed into the Lisk Desktop wallet. (This would also be the only way to access them in the foreseeable future, as re-implementing Lisk in Trezor is currently not on the roadmap.)

Before you decide to do this, make sure you know the risks of using the seed on a PC, and move all your other assets off Trezor. Afterwards, you can generate a new seed and move your assets back.

Edit: This will not work. (The Lisk Wallet uses the same mnemonic format but a completely different way of decoding the keys from it.)

1 Like