Issues (account/address) with connecting Trezor to mutlisig

I tried to add my Trezor as a multi sig, connected to connect.trazor.io

It asked for permission to read my public keys (granted), asked to export eth address (granted).

Then it prompted me for an account passphrase, I don’t have a private wallet/passphrase on my trezor so I selected “default address” assuming this meant it would just use the address of the account on my Trezor.
Instead it provided a new address, assuming this would be added as another account to my trezor, I selected this address.

This address is not in my Trezor accounts, I don’t have the private keys for it, and it is now a multisig signer on another wallet.

• Will my Trezor use this address by default default I try to sign transactions?

• If so, where can I find the keys for this address in the trezor suite?

• If I need to remove this address from the multi sig and start over, how do I ensure that I am using my real trezor address when I add my Trezor to a multisig?

Thanks for your time.

Hi @mn-01,

The address you refer to is not an official web address for Trezor, so it’s most probably a scam site. Please move your funds out of your Trezor device as soon as possible, before it’s emptied by the scammers. Then set your Trezor device to Factory reset, setup the device from scratch, and make a brand new Recovery seed. Do not use your old seed again, as it may be compromized. Afterwards, you can move your coins back to the newly setup Trezor device again.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and I appreciate your concern but that was just a spelling error on my part,
I was directed to
connnect.trezor.io/8/popup.html#
from Argent (multisig provider).
Given that I am still unsure what this other address is that is linked to my trezor, I don’t have the keys for it and it doesn’t show up in my trezor suite, yet it is an address provided by connect.trezor.io

• how could I have an eth address tied to my trezor that doesn’t show up in the suite?

The connect address on the official Trezor site is where third party wallets, like Metamask and others, connect to with the public API published by SatoshiLabs (who make Trezor). Third party wallets typically have their own wallets and sometimes offer support for connecting hardware wallets, like Trezor, too.

If you want to use the site and connect to your Trezor, so your coins end up in your Trezor then you need to be sure that Trezor is connected properly before you transfer coins to the account, otherwise they will either end up in the site’s wallet system or be lost in cyberspace.

As an anology, it’ll be like filling gas on your car when your car is not there. All the gas may spill on the ground instead of in your car’s gas tank - depending on the safety system installed at the gas station.

To summarize:

1. make sure you connect your Trezor correctly to the third party site with a Trezor supported wallet
  2. make sure you’re connected properly before you transfer coins into that wallet

Also note that third party wallets typically have their own PINs, Passwords, Passphrases and Recovery seed, which are completly separate and different from their counterparts on your Trezor. Please don’t mix these together.