I dont see my wallet address (MetaMask)

From what I see, I created my account without a passphrase, although it confuses me because I thought I had generated the same with my passphrase, but I think it was the first and that implies that there is no way to recover it? because I see that a different one is always generated and the one that I had created never appears. I also clarify that first I had a metamask with a trezor which was located correctly, but I created another trezor in another metamask and that one was possibly generated without a passphrase and I donā€™t know if there is any way to recover it.

@Nahuelksx

Every account is derived from the unique combination of recovery seed and passphrase. And if you want to access the same wallet repeatedly (in order to access its accounts, addresses), you have to enter exactly the same combination of recovery seed and passphrase (if used).

In case you want to access the wallet which is not protected by passphrase, simply leave it blank.

That is expected behavior as mistyping the passphrase will generate a completely new wallet. There is no such thing as an ā€œincorrect passphraseā€, so whatever you provide as your input will be used in the process of deriving a wallet.

that can mean only that you are not using the same seed or entering the same passphrase (or both).

But how can you advance in the operation if the password is wrong? when it does not match after typing it 2 times, it is highlighted on the page in red

As it was already stated there is not such thing as wrong passphrase. Whatever you type as a passphrase will be used in the process of creating new wallet.

Thatā€™s why I am confused what you mean by wrong password and page highlighted in red.
Could you please provide the screenshot showing the issue.
If it would contain any sensitive information I suggest you to submit a request using this form and get back to me with ticket ID.

Hi Michaelā€¦ Iā€™ve read this entire thread and Iā€™m having a similar problemā€¦ The wallets that Iā€™m trying to access from Trezor on Metamask are standard wallets (not hidden). I just bought a fresh laptop to do this on and whatā€™s happening is that I see the addresses I want to import into metamask on trezor suite, but when I try to import them from Trezor, they import other eth addressesā€¦ I have successfully been able to send coins from my the addresses in question to another address, but havenā€™t been able to import those addresses on MetaMaskā€¦ please advise! Thank you and happy new year

1 Like

Hi @sm4444

Could you please explain what exactly do you man by that ?

Is the address you are trying to access in the list offered (as shown on the picture below)?:

I am having a very similar situation to. When I try to recover my Trezor wallet with my seed on a new computer the ā€œselect acountā€ screen does not show my address the I am looking for. When I setup this wallet I did not set up a passphrase.

Would the Bridge help out in this situation?

Also, I have tried findeth.io and the yellow address does not show up. I can not find any ETH on up to 400 addresses. I have been playing around with the iancoleman.io web site with a test bench of another trezor and address. The address that is yellow does not show in the list

I have been at this for a couple days and need help!

Thanks in advance!

Dear friends, I need your help. I have linked Metamask to my Trezor One. However, the wallet linked to Metamask is not appearing in any accounts in my Trezor Suite. Without realizing it, I transferred my money to this ā€œnew accountā€ linked with Trezor One. Now I canā€™t move my assets because when performing the sending procedure, when enabling with my physical wallet, Metamask closes before completing a transaction . Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

2 Likes

@Mr_CaliX
find the right passphrase for your wallet !
the one you put in this page when you created your wallet .
If you donā€™t enter anything, when creating an account, the first alternative address must be the eth wallet address in your suite standard wallet !

I canā€™t find my address either.

It was on my metamask, and suddenly disappeared when I was trying to get send some of my tokens out of my trezor. Which was not working either by the way. (very frustrating).

I accidently put in my recovery phrase in the passphrase, and nothing happened.

Then I tried again, using the default wallet, and clicked on a different wallet. Suddenly my original hardware wallet was gone. How do I find the address, and get it back on my meta?

It appears weā€™re all having this issue.

1 Like

@Jboy2120Jr
Enter the exact same passphrase using the exact same steps you used to create the wallet in the first place.

@Johnson What do you want to express?

@Johnson
You see clearly, Iā€™m here to answer other peopleā€™s questions and help solve the problem. I donā€™t have any problems with my own wallet.

English is not your native language, is it?

1 Like

Hey @BtcLtc , thanks already for your answer.
Iā€™m really new to crypto space and unfortunately donā€™t know it that well yet.

I have tried the passphrase which comes into question and it still crashes immediately. I have now turned off the passphrase function on Trezor suite and tried a transaction again, however it keeps crashing. do i need to remove metamask completely from my chrome and add it again? I just do not know what to do :frowning:

I have now also tried to move my eth from my Trezor Wallet on MM to my normal account on MM. There comes then only the ā€œloadā€ sign and at some point comes the error message that MM does not respond.

I think crashes immediately have nothing to do with the passphrase feature.
crashes immediately is most likely a software compatibility issue. Like on my computer. I use Google Chrome and MM, then connect to the trezor and it works fine. But if I use the MM of the Firefox browser, it will cause the browser to forcibly close its own process.
Instead of turning off the passphrase feature, you can try installing MM in Firefox or Brave, and then connect to the trezor to see if it works. The meaning of the passphrase is just to produce a new private key with the seed. If your seed phrase has 12 words, the passphrase you use is equivalent to your 13th seed phrase.
If you use a hidden wallet, then the private key of this hidden wallet is actually generated according to the protocol through 12 seed phrases and your passphrase. No matter what wallet, trezor, ledger, mycelium, you use your 12 seed phrases and then your passphrase, the resulting wallet is exactly the same. Even the order in which the receiving addresses of the btc wallet appear will be exactly the same.
So itā€™s software or compatibility issues that cause crashes, or even if system files are missing. This crash has nothing to do with whether a passphrase is used, a standard wallet or a hidden wallet is used.
If you try it in other browsers successfully, everything works fine. Then I suggest you uninstall Google Chrome and reinstall it.

@Mr_CaliX
You donā€™t even need to restore MM when trying in a new browser, any newly created MM wallet will do. Because when trezor connects to MM to use a hardware wallet, MM is only a bridge function.

@BtcLtc thank you for your feedback.

I have just downloaded firefox and added MM. I then restored my normal account with my seed. When I then wanted to link hardware wallet, I could not find the account or the public address of my Trezor on MM (0x130ā€¦6E). Do you have any ideas on how to proceed?

@Mr_CaliX
If the trezor account you used in MM had a passphrase, you would have to enter the exact same passphrase to find the same wallet address.

1 Like