How do I access Suite once I downloaded it?

Here is the case # ticket ID: 108629. Trezor Support is encouraging me to get help elsewhere…
Linux questions .org got me up to where I am stuck now. I will post the terminal results in case another linux user can help me here.
Also, I will share this thread with support.

maggie@linux ~ $ cd /home/maggie/Downloads
maggie@linux ~/Downloads $ chmod u+x Trezor-Suite-21.12.2-linux-x86_64.AppImage
maggie@linux ~/Downloads $ export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=i965
maggie@linux ~/Downloads $ ./Trezor-Suite-21.12.2-linux-x86_64.AppImage --no-sandbox
[52508:1227/175843.383018:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(374)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
maggie@linux ~/Downloads $ export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=iHD
maggie@linux ~/Downloads $ ./Trezor-Suite-21.12.2-linux-x86_64.AppImage --no-sandbox

libva error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so init failed
[52601:1227/180018.970749:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(374)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
maggie@linux ~/Downloads $
maggie@linux ~/Downloads $ export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=nouvea
maggie@linux ~/Downloads $ export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=nouvea

[52696:1227/180145.249383:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(374)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
maggie@linux ~/Downloads $ export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=vdpau

[52783:1227/180236.576735:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(374)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
maggie@linux ~/Downloads $ export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=radeonsi

kmsro: driver missing
kmsro: driver missing
libva error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so init failed
[52881:1227/180430.837356:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(374)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.

Trezor Support emailed me. They offered a link that may help. They are not going to help me with this install…

Is this applicable to my case ? If so, what commands do I use?
Do I use them on the same terminal where I am in the download folder?

Here is the answer :

This error message…

ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(374)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.

…is a common Google Chrome error when trying to run it in Linux due to Chrome’s GPU usage.

First of all, System.setProperty() line accepts the key webdriver.chrome.driver and the value of the absolute path of the ChromeDriver. So instead of:

System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver", "/usr/bin/google-chrome");

You need to:

System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver", "/path/to/chromedriver");

Outro

Generally this error can be addressed by avoiding the GPU hardware acceleration with the
following flags:

• --disable-gpu: Disables GPU hardware acceleration. If software renderer is not in place, then the GPU process won’t launch
  • --disable-software-rasterizer: Disables the use of a 3D software rasterizer

Code snippet:

options.addArguments("--disable-gpu");
options.addArguments("--disable-software-rasterizer");

Any help would be appreciated.
Libre

@libre,

Thank you for posting your Ticket ID so Community support can see it here. I can’t interfere in an ongoing support case, so please communicate with them through email with the Ticket case you have established. If they can’t help you then it’s nothing I can add to help either, sorry. They know even more about this than I.

Good luck!

When using Linux Mint there is a much simpler way to deal with the app image problem.

Right click the app image download. Go to permissions, which is found in properties, and allow executing file as program.

• Cheers!