General crypto discussion

Yeah, but I think “Zero Knowledge” is not the right word for it. :smiley: It takes some knowledge to use it in making a Stablecoin inside the bounderies of the law, I mean.

1 Like

Heeiiii team @slush @stick @kolin @matejcik @forgi @pavel @zapla

Just found this

For when a new model with this technology. Seems pretty cool to have an open source secure element chip.

Any ideais to share, I will wait

By the way happy new year to all.

:+1::muscle::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

It looks like the tide may have turned. At least Bitcoin (BTC) and several other coins – for instance Solana (SOL), Compound (COMP) and Mana (MANA) – have risen much in the latest few days. Today’s prices (in my watchlist) are below.

2 Likes

Heiii @sime maybe you could give some feedback?

You in another thread that are working on a new device but long way away, what does this mean 1year 2year 5year.

Can’t give any news on this secure element and new developments?

1 Like

Sorry, best not to give away timelines, it creates expectations. When creating expectations, you want to keep them. It’s too early to create any sort of promises.

But you don’t need a secure element if you have a passhrase :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! Hahahaha

I will be waiting and alert…

Have a nice one

1 Like

Hei hei team

Since we are waiting on news about whats on the works by Trezor…

Decided to share

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/business/coinkite-new-bitcoin-wallet-coldcard-q1

Coinkite just launched… has advantages and disadvantages…

Nice to see developments

2 Likes

Heiiii @Petosiris

I have heard first ever weekly death cross incoming for bitcoin, we will see what it brings.

How is your chart looking

I the meanwhile here is hot hot hot picture

36c 90% humidity.

Have a nice one

2 Likes

Hei @rimaS,

Looks hot too, in that picture. You have full summer while we have full winter. From 21 - 23 January we had -27 C (-16.6 F) here where I live. This picture is from my garden on Jan 25:

I try to feed both birds and deers. :slight_smile:

Weekly death cross? Where did you hear that? I hear some people doom Bitcoins death all the time. They often parrot the authorities, which are basically saying “It’s volatile and you can’t trust it. It’s used by money laundrers, tax svindlers and other criminals, and it’s not regulated. So we need to protect the common people against crypto in general and especially Bitcoin.”

But I don’t think Bitcoin will die anytime soon. In fact, I think it’ll easily reach the value of $1M - if it gets widely used, in parallel with fiat money. Why? Because it’s a very limited amount, 21M in total and some think about 1/3 of that is lost already because people have lost their seeds, and if everyone want Bitcoins (or fractions of it) then the price will go up skyhigh, as with any other sparse resource.

My chart is below. I haven’t had the time yet to replace those coins I talked about earlier though. But I’ll do that soon, I hope. Some new coins are interesting to watch, for instance NextEarth (NXTT).

2 Likes

Here the sun comes out at 4:30h in the morning and by 06h it is already at 30c.

But the worst really is the humidity 96%… it is very dense and heavy on the breathing

Enjoy the cold I will bear with heat…

I know some of you have heard about Tropic Square, the new company that’s developing a crypto chip for totally Open Source hardware wallets! For those who haven’t heard about this before, Tropic Square is a spin-off project from SatoshiLabs (who makes the Trezor) and there’s exciting news coming from the company these days. Check out their website and sign up for their newsletter, if you want to be the first to know the latest.

1 Like

Hahahha you almost got me

Colder than cold cold storage

Haha! Good one. It reminds me of another not so cold wallet with a similar name. :grin:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Using Trezor in Binance Smart Chain Network

Also found this quite peculiar

Hm. Strange. Some would say it’s trash filling up his/her disk space (“almost THREE HUNDRED KILOBYTE! I will sue Apple!”) and others would say it’s interesting reading. The news of the document on Apple machines are interesting anyway. I wonder what happens to that Engineer now? :sweat_smile:

Today’s crypto prices, with my selection of coins. Still haven’t had the time yet to replace those coins in my list I talked about earlier.

You’ll notice that Bitcoin is going up and has soon risen to double what it was in November last year.

In other news, I’m soon going to build a new PC for myself. It’s about time I got something new now. I have all the parts, except for a new GPU (marked future in parenthesis) but that must wait. I’m pretty sure AMD’s next gen. of GPU cards will be much better anyway.

I made the design myself, inspired by the (old) ASUS ROG forums. If you want to see how I designed it, the recipe is here. Free to use and no need to acknowledge me for it.

1 Like

Wasn’t expecting this one. Hahahaha

The one and only

:point_up:

3 Likes

WoW, congrats! You’re certainly devoted. I don’t have that badge.

1 Like

Dark Mode Browsing

If you’re like me and prefer a dark mode theme when browsing, then here’s a tip you can try.

I’ve tried a lot of extensions/plugins to enable dark mode browsing but with no luck. Some don’t work without strangling the browser resources, others work only sometimes. In-built experimental browser functions may work though: Community tip: Dark Mode - Dynatrace Community

I’m currently trying out Dark Mode in edge://flags.

1 Like