Find specific ETH address in hidden wallet in Metamask

Hey. I am using a new PC and an old Trezor device and I want to import my MM-Trezor account. I am sure that I have entered the correct passphrase, but I cannot find the ETH address that was in my old PC. Is there a tool I can use to check if the ETH address is in the hidden wallet (in case I entered incorrect passphrase)? I tried using findeth io but it no longer supports Trezor.

Hi @rch.hrw,

I can confirm that findeth cannot be used anymore as it uses an old version of Trezor Connect which has been deprecated. It will work again once the update to the latest version.

In case you can’t see the desired address with your funds in step “Select an account”, you connect a different wallet to MetaMask. Either you have a different recovery seed in your Trezor or you use a different passphrase.

Generally, when the same recovery seed is used and the same passphrase is entered, the same wallet (with the same set of addresses) is accessed. There is no exception, the public-key cryptography ensures it generates always the same result even when using different interfaces (such as Trezor Suite, MEW, MetaMask, Exodus…)

In case you have the right recovery seed (which is stored in your Trezor device), the passphrase is the only option how you can create a different wallet within this one recovery seed. Every passphrase creates a unique wallet (1 unique passphrase = 1 wallet). Please remember that passphrase can be any word or any set of letters (in ASCII format and with 50 characters max), it is case sensitive, and empty space is also a valid character, please also think of a different keyboard layout you could have used.

There is a simple way how to verify you use the right recovery seed. Please check that the recovery seed stored in your Trezor device matches your recovery seed backup (the one you created when initialized your device for the first time). You can find instructions on how to perform this check here:

for Trezor Model One: https://trezor.io/learn/a/test-recovery-seed-on-trezor-model-one
for Trezor Model T: https://trezor.io/learn/a/test-recovery-seed-on-trezor-model-t

In case recovery seed in your device matches your recovery seed backup, the only way how to access a different wallet (with different addresses) is with a different passphrase.