Failed handshake! Can't connect Trezor with soft wallet

Hello,

Suddenly I’m not able to connect my Trezor model T to any softwallets ie Metamask etc.

Say when I try to sign in Uniswap, trezor.connect pops up and claims ‘transaction rejected, handshake failed’ the green circle goes around and around. It’s doing this with every softwallet I’m trying to connect to. I can see it in MM as well, that it’s not connected.

This wasn’t an issue until recently. The only difference between now and then is that I installed a new firmware (24.3.3) and also updated my Suite. Could it be because of the updates?

Any suggestion would be helpful, thank you.

Hi @CryptoSOS,

May I ask you to try connecting your Trezor device to MetaMask again? Information on how to do it can be found at https://trezor.io/learn/a/metamask-and-trezor.

Please, let us know if you can see the desired ETH address (the one you want to sign) in the step “Select an account”.

Hello Trezorians!

I’m not able to connect my Trezor model T to any softwallets ie Metamask etc.

Say when I try to sign in Uniswap, trezor.connect pops up and claims ‘transaction rejected, handshake failed’ the green circle goes around and around. It’s doing this with every softwallet I’m trying to connect to. I can see it in MM as well, that it’s not connected.

Also, when I try to connect it say in Uniswap, the amount of ETH shows up in Uniswap but then says insufficient funds for transaction (when there’s clearly enough) so it’s connected but not connected… it’s bizarre.

This wasn’t an issue until recently. The only difference between now and then is that I installed a new firmware (24.3.3) and also updated my Suite. Could it be because of the updates?

Any suggestion would be helpful, thank you.

Hi @radekP
I will try tonight and get back to you
Thanks

I’ve checked and the desired account doesn’t show up in Metamask. I’ve updated everything firm/suite and still Metamask doesn’t find my Trezor even though it’s plugged in.
When I go to ‘connect hardware wallet’ in MM the green circle in trezor.connect just goes around and around.

@radekP I’d like to add that it doesn’t even get to the point where it asks if I want to export the public key of my ETH account… it simply can’t find it. This is all very strange as it wasn’t a problem 2 weeks ago.

First, please confirm your configuration meets the following points:

• Make sure your Trezor is running the latest firmware and you have the latest version of the MetaMask extension installed.
  • Also, make sure you have the latest version of Trezor Bridge, you should see “trezord” process running in your activity/system/task manager. If you cannot see the process running in the background, please try to reinstall it again. The latest version of Trezor Bridge can be downloaded from this source https://suite.trezor.io/web/bridge/
  • Use supported browsers only. Either Chrome or Firefox (try both and try using Incognito/privacy mode as well).
  • Clear your browser’s cache and make sure they are up to date.
  • Not only using a VPN, but also certain advanced Firewall or Antivirus settings, browser extensions (AdBlock, Privacy Badger, etc.), may cause these issues, therefore please try to disable them as well.
  • On top of that, use only one application/website/browser tab with Trezor at a time. It is possible that they are clashing with each other.

Let us know results.

1 Like

Thanks for that! I will go though your suggestions and get back to you asap!

Hello,

I’ve tried everything you asked. Latest version of Suite/firmware/Metamask.

The bridge is i stalled and is running in task manager.

I used Rabby in incognito mode in Chrome (same with MM)

I also made sure that only one extension was open at the time, cleared cache etc

At least with Rabby I can connect my Trezor, all the balances show up etc but when it comes to signing in Uniswap, it goes to ‘transaction failed, failed handshake’ it never goes through! I even adjusted the slippage but same result.

With MM, when I try to connect to a hardware wallet. It says ‘searching for wallet’ but it can’t find my Trezor! I used to have MM connected to my old Trezor but the new one it can’t find. Searching for wallet…

@CryptoSOS, can you please confirm that your Trezor device is successfully recognized by Trezor Suite? You can try both the web and desktop versions.

The desktop app can be downloaded here: Trezor Suite App (Official) | Desktop & Web Crypto Management
The web version can be found here: Trezor Suite

Please note that you need Trezor Bridge installed on your computer for the web version. You can download it from this source: Trezor Suite
(use supported browsers for the web version of Trezor Suite - Chrome and Firefox)

Also, please confirm that the issue persists in Firefox browser.

1 Like

Yes, it’s connected to the app, my coins do show up with the correct amount. I also tried the web version and same there, everything is fine. I even tried it in Firefox but to no avail… same thing: transaction rejected/handshake failed!

I’m having the same problem, i’m trying to conect with ronin, and when the popup opens, it always be loading and doesn’t show the option to conect with my trezor…

1 Like

like that

Yes, it’s very strange… I still haven’t managed to fix it… but I’ll let you know if I find the solution! please do the same

Have you tried a different computer?

Hi forgi,

Not yet, but I guess that’s the next step I have to try

Hello cryptos,

I’m also having trouble with my Trezor trying to use it to work with DeFi. I noticed that you want to connect to Uniswap, and the user Wandel wants to connect to Ronin. I’m connected to both, but I can’t operate.
Maybe what you can find out would help me. I will inform you of any news as well.

Greetings,

1 Like

Yes, let’s inform each other!

If your Trezor device is recognized without issues in the desktop and web version of Trezor Suite, the problem is in the MetaMask extension. Try to reinstall the extension and try to connect to it in the new Chrome profile. If it does not help, try to connect to MetaMask on a different computer as @forgi mentioned.

Thank you, I will try!