ETH Mystery Address + Exodus address?

Wondering if anyone can help me out with an ETH address conundrum:

I have connected Trezor/Exodus wallets. I transferred ETH from Exodus to Trezor but it is not actually in Trezor and I cannot figure out how to access it.

1. Etherscan shows ETH going from address A to address B

2. Exodus states that address A is Exodus address and that address B is Trezor (sounds good so far).

3. HOWEVER, in Trezor Suite, Trezor states that address A is Trezor receive address and that ETH was sent to address B (the exact address that Exodus is stating is Trezor receive address) huh?

4. Exodus displays the ETH as in Trezor wallet, but I can’t access it, move it, etc. On Trezor Suite end, ETH appears to display (on the bar graph) as having received and sent at the same time but 0 ETH balance in Trezor.

5. Etherscan shows address B as still having the correct amount of ETH sent still in it.

Could someone help me out with how to access ETH in address B?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi @ojulius

As already stated in the ticket, there are two options:

• Your funds are either on your Exodus standalone wallet (thus not displaying in Suite)
  • ​You had it received on addresses derived from your Trezor recovery seed and passphrase and by not entering the same input (combination of recovery seed + passphrase) you are accessing wrong wallet.

if different seed and/or a different passphrase is used then the private key differs and cannot be used. In such case, previously generated wallets/accounts in third-party apps would become watch only wallets without the possibility spending the funds.(which I think is your case as well).

this happened to me with USDT and it’s showing up as read only on Exodus and can be seen on the etherscan but not in my trezor wallet. how can this be fixed? can I create an account with the address exodus sent it to?

Hi @SarahJ,

I don’t use Exodus personally, but if the USDT shows up there as Read Only then I guess the transaction is pending. Ethereum (ETH) transactions can take time to complete. Can you confirm the status of the transaction on Etherscan, please?

Not sure what you mean here, but the way to receive ETH to your Trezor when it’s connected to Exodus, is to send it to that Trezor connected wallet’s ETH receive address after you’ve made sure you’re using the Ethereum network as transfer network from Exodus.

Perhaps you sent it to a wrong address, or sent it to your Exodus native wallet and not the Trezor connected one?

this is all very confusing. basically Exodus somehow sent to trezor but nothing shows up on trezor wallet and the address it was sent to is not an address in trezor. I hadn’t set up the trezor for usdt because I wasn’t wanting to send anything to it, but somehow it has and I’m baffled and now I have usdt in limbo land. it shows on Exodus but no send ability only receive.

I’m confused too. Are you saying that you didn’t try to send anything to your Trezor and still a transaction was sent out on your behalf, but to another address which is not connected to any Receive address in your Trezor wallet?

If so, then you need to contact Exodus support because this is not something to do with your Trezor.

BTW, you never reported the transaction status on Etherscan, so I assume it says “Completed”.