Does this count as "glue residue" and is my Trezor tampered with?

I purchased a Trezor Model T from an official reseller since Trezor doesn’t ship directly to my country currently. When I was inspecting it, I noticed that there was some glue residue around the tamper-evident hologram.

As stated in the Trezor wiki (Tamper-evident hologram - Trezor Wiki):

Anybody trying to tamper with the device needs to detach the hologram first. This will completely destroy the hologram and leave a residue. A device with a missing or destroyed hologram, or a glue residue should be deemed as tampered.

I emailed the support team but was told they might take up to 14 days to get back to me. Ticket ID: 115270.

I’m worried about my Trezor being tampered with so I haven’t used it yet, let alone take off the hologram.

@ljlg your device is safe

• The USB port of Trezor T should have been covered by a security hologram sticker. With Trezor One, the security hologram is placed on the box.

• All Trezor devices are distributed without a firmware software, so you need to install it for your first use. If there is a firmware installed already, then that means that someone used this device before you.

• The bootloader verifies the firmware signature. The device only runs if the firmware is correctly signed by SatoshiLabs.

• Because the recovery seed is generated during Trezor setup, there is no default seed, only the seed you will generate for yourself. If you encounter any Trezor device with preinstalled firmware that was purchased as new, please let us know

1 Like

Hi, @forgi! Thanks for the reply! So I shouldn’t worry about the glue residue beside the sticker as shown in the pictures I sent? It doesn’t mean that my device was tampered with?

yes, nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Thanks so much, @forgi! I appreciate it. You really put my mind at ease. :pray: