Connecting to existing MetaMask

Hey.

I would connect my trezor safe 3 to my existing MetaMask wallet. I used that MetaMask wallet for farming airdrops and for everyday use (i wouldn’t consider that MM wallet safe anymore).
In the same time i would like to keep that MM wallet because of airdrops.

Do you think i must erase existing MM wallet, and make new before connecting to trezor? Or I can connect it to existing MM wallet and still be safe because my private keys are on trezor?

Thank you.

1 Like

yes should be fine, just make sure you go thro the add hardware wallet process.
And as always never enter the trezor seed into metamask.

1 Like

Hello @ante373,

There is no issue with connecting the Trezor device to your existing Metamask wallet.
Your coins/tokens are safe with the supported 3rd party wallets, in order to send any transaction out of your Trezor wallet, it must be confirmed manually on the Trezor display, even when working with Metamask. Just make sure to never share your recovery seed.

You can check how to connect the Trezor with the Metamask:

@ante373 You don’t need to erase anything. Do not erase! You can simply connect your Trezor device to Metamask.

First of all you need to install the Trezor Bridge (for communication with your Trezor hardware wallet and the web browser, like Google Chrome), see: suite.trezor.io/web/bridge/

See steps below:
Screenshot 2024-03-11 221609

Screenshot 2024-03-11 221224
Screenshot 2024-03-11 221232

1 Like

Great,

thank you for your answers and help. I’ll try to connect it to existing MM wallet.

@ante373 Please let us know if your issue is solved.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.