cant find my 24 word seed but can access via pin-can create new seed?? Is there a way to create a new seed once logged on to device via pin??
Sorry, there’s no way to create a new seed once logged on to the device. You have to:
- Move all your funds out of your Trezor device, to a software wallet or online exchange.
- When you Trezor is empty, Wipe it in Trezor Suite, or set it back to Factory Defaults in Bootloader mode in the web wallet. The easiest is to use Trezor Suite.
- Your Trezor device is now completely blank. Pull the USB cable and reconnect it.
- Setup your Trezor from the start, the same way when you received it the first time. Be sure to write down your 24 word seed during Backup and keep it on a safe place.
- Move your funds back from where you put them in pt. 1.
thanks-that what I thought–i think i can remember the words now as i has written down the first letters of each word–if that does not work I will have to do as you say.
Ok, good luck!
You can test your seed through a Dry run recovery.
It’s also possible to use the existing seed in pt. 4, if you remember it, instead of making a new one. This is useful if you have another device and want to make a mirror backup of the original.
Isnt there a place trezor suite to test the seed-recovery function? i want to test it first if works no need to do anything else
Yes, in Trezor Suite you can go to Settings → Device → Wallet backup → Check backup.