BSC/BNB + Metamask + Trezor One

Hello, I want to want to know if my Trezor One will store my ‘GMT Tokens’ (BNB BEP-20) on my Metamask account. I’ve followed a lot of guides on how to set up BNB/BSC on Metamask and get the GMT token (BEP-20) to appear on my Metamask account. Then I followed guides on how to connect my Trezor One to my Metamask account - but when I open Trezor Suite, I don’t see the BNB or GMT Tokens anywhere. So have I done it right or is just that the tool does not show it but it is secure on my Trezor in the background?

My Trezor 1 linked to my BSC Metamask account
My GMT Token added to the BSC Matamask account

Now with my Trezor One plugged in and Trezor Suite open, I don’t see the BSC/BNB or GMT Tokens listed anywhere. Is this supposed to be like this?

Both the ‘Trezor1’ BSC Metamask addr matches the Trezor One wallet ETH addr.

In otherwords, if something happens to Metamask company, ie it goes bust, where are my GMT Tokens stored? Are they still on Metamask and hence I could have lost them or are they stored on my Trezor One wallet?

Thanks

Hi @RKnight, the BEP20 tokens are not supported in Trezor Suite, therefore you are not supposed to see them there. Since you’ve integrated your Trezor with Metamask, your BEP20 tokens are secured by your Trezor even though you are using the tokens in a third-party app.

Hi @NIYAK , thanks for your reply.

“Since you’ve integrated your Trezor with Metamask, your BEP20 tokens are secured by your Trezor even though you are using the tokens in a third-party app.”
I’ve read your comment in two ways:-
a) Its secure in that no-one can hack my metamask account and move my coins (because you need the Treazor1 plugged in) or
b) its secure in that the GMT tokens are stored on Trezor1 account even though you can’t see them listed.

The reason I need to know is because I’ll be staking these GMT tokens for some years and if something goes wrong with Metamask, I want to know that my GMT tokens (and hence my investment) are stored safely on my Trezor1 and hence I have a fighting chance to retrieve them on another BSC/BNB wallet (or until Trezor updates their system to natively support BSC/BNB coins just like ETH).

@RKnight since the wallet in Metamask is connected to Trezor (the wallet is actually represented by private keys that are stored on your Trezor), in order to steal your BEP20 tokens, the attacker would either have to use your physical Trezor (knowing the PIN), or get access to your seed (as it represents the private keys) that Trezor generated for you during its initial setup.
However, to put it simply, as long as your physical Trezor device is only in your possession, and your recovery seed has never been stored in a digital form, has never been exposed online or to anyone else, your funds are safe.