Blockchain analysis

If I own a Trezor with multiple accounts, and the public address of an ETH account is exposed, is it possible, through blockchain analysis, to link this known account with the others in my Trezor? I would like to clarify that there are no transactions between them

If I own a Trezor with multiple accounts, and the public address of an ETH account is exposed, is it possible, through blockchain analysis, to link this known account with the others in my Trezor? I would like to clarify that there are no transactions between them

If my Ethereum public address associated with the standard account were known, through blockchain analysis tools, would it be possible to link that ETH account to other hidden wallets in my Trezor? There have been no transactions between these two wallets.

Given address A and address B, it is mathematically impossible to know whether they are generated from the same seed or not. This is true even if they are two receiving addresses from the same account.

Some additional information would be needed to link any two addresses from the same seed, for example:

• if you know an XPUB which generated the two addresses, you can prove that both come from that xpub.
    • but for example, there is no common XPUB between two separate Bitcoin accounts, or between your BTC and ETH accounts
    • (in case of ETH, due to some historical reasons, all your “accounts” are in fact addresses coming from one XPUB. however, Trezor Suite won’t reveal that xpub)
  • if the addresses have transactions on the public blockchain, you can sometimes infer that they have the same owner (it’s still impossible to prove that they are from the same seed though)

A hidden wallet doesn’t even count as “same seed”. There is no relation between different passphrases on top of the same seed.

So that’s a no.

As a final note, posting the same question multiple times will not result in faster response.

1 Like