AreTrezor Suite ETH accounts natively supported or relying on MEW?

Hi,

Many years back, I believe Trezor only supported ERC20 tokens via connecting to MEW. Coming back to my Trezor now after so many years, when I tried to add an ETH account in Trezor Suite it first “forced” me to import two old ETH accounts which I assume were from MEW.

If I create a new ETH account, is this still going to be hosted on MEW or is it natively within Trezor (either hardware or Suite)?

The reason I ask is a long time back I switched to Metamask and I recall - though I’m not sure - that Metamask may have linked itself to MEW in the process of creating its wallet. That Metamask wallet has since be hacked. Therefore, I don’t want any new ETH accounts I create on Trezor Suite to have any connection with my old MEW account, and certainly not with my Metamask wallet.

Hi @MyCsPiTTa,

The Ethereum coin and all ERC-20 Ethereum tokens are natively supported by both Trezor devices and Trezor Suite software. So you can see and interact with them just like on MyEtherWallet (MEW).

1 Like

Hi @MyCsPiTTa,

it is also important to understand that ETH addresses are derived from your recovery seed (and passphrase if you use hidden wallet). It means that these addresses are always the same if you use the same recovery seed (and passphrase if you use it) no matter which wallet you use with your Trezor (MEW, MetaMask, Trezor Suite).

1 Like