Address verification error: Passphrase is incorrect v 22.6.4

I have a base wallet and a base account. The hidden account has a pass code and it works. The main account does not have a passcode. When I try to access the man account Trezor suite does not ask for a passcode. When I select “Send” I get the error “Address verification error: Passphrase is incorrect”

Why?

I got exactly the same message today. Everything worked perfectly just one week ago. There was however a Trezor suite update that i performed today version 22.6.4, Can the Trezor team check this out, i cant perform any transaction at the moment.

me too. i dont have any passphrase.
Since update i cant move funds

same, i dont have any passphrase.
Tech support help please

Hello,
Since the last update (v 22.6.4) I cannot make transactions from the main account, it does not have a Passphrase, I place the pin correctly and it shows the message: “Address verification error: Passphrase is incorrect”

Please help i cant make transactions

@here please, describe the exact steps you are making when getting this error, are you actually entering standard wallet?

What device firmware version are you running (see settings, device, firmware)?
Is this Trezor One or Model T? What is the operating system?

What coins are you trying to send, does this affect every coin?

Try web version to see if the issue persists: https://suite.trezor.io/web/

In the Trezor app I’m getting an error when it attempts to access Cardano

" Discovery error

Accounts were not loaded properly

Passphrase is incorrect"

Using adalite.io I can access it, just cant via the app :frowning: Windows or Mac

I have also encountered the “Passphrase is incorrect”. Seems to be a Suite bug. A workaround is to go to wallets selection and click “Forget” (the “eject” icon), then re-add the wallet.

2 Likes

Using standard wallet, firmware 2.5.1 on Model T. Operating system is Windows 10, OSX Monterey 12.4.

I was able to access Cardano via the web version.

Still getting error on the Trezor app

reset app storage.
works for me

Hello,
I was asked to update my trezor device and I did.
I type in the passphrase for the hidden wallet and it says wrong passphrase.
i followed the steps above with the eject button and it says that the hidden wallet is empty so I did not enter my passphrase.
Please how do I recover my coins in the hidden wallet?

Hi @bmh,

Can you show that message here in this forum thread, please?

As far as I know there’s no message or error msg if you enter the “wrong” Passphrase. What happens then is that a new and empty Hidden wallet is created for you, with the passphrase you specified. There’s no such thing as a “wrong passphrase”.

Just enter the passphrase you used when you created the hidden wallet.
Note that small and large letters are different, and space is a valid character.

Learn more about Passphrases and Hidden wallets:
https://trezor.io/learn/a/passphrases-and-hidden-wallets

IIRC Suite does show “Passphrase is incorrect” in some situations – I would expect that to happen if you’re trying to open a remembered hidden wallet with a passphrase that doesn’t match?

Really? I didn’t get that memo. And we lost the PM function and with that the ability to ask. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed, never heard of this message. Also los PM/DM capabilities for quite a while now.

1 Like

Heiii @matejcik, hope you’re doing good.

Could you explain or share where one can read more about this IIRC Suite? I like to learn

Thanks have a nice one

sure thing! Iirc Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hahahaha that was a good one…lmao

(I assumed IIRC Suite was one thing, like a program or something)

What I really wanted to know is when does suite show the message “Passphrase is incorrect” but I guess you allready replied

Thanks any way…