About the Scams and phishing category

Scams and phishing are very common. Have you encountered any attacks? Let others know.

Urgent Warning: Yesterday, 5/6/21 I had over $53k stolen from my Trezor wallet. I am reporting this here to warn others. I was in the https://www.reddit.com/r/TREZOR/ site to get some tech support. Someone responded with the name “TrezorOfficial” and said I was having problems with my Trezor, because it needed an update and sent me a link to get the update. When I opened the link, it asked for my recovery seed. I put it in thinking this was official, but it didn’t work, even I know it was correct. While I was chatting with this person who sent the link (TrezorOfficial) he was transferring all my crypto out of my wallet into his. I noticed he deleted the sentence where he gave me the link, but I have a copy of most of the conversation. Big lesson here is don’t ever click on a link someone sends you even if they say they are from Trezor support and are helping you update your Trezor and especially don’t put in your recovery seed.

Hello together, yestrday I get on my mailbax a notes rearding c locking of my Wallet. But I suppose this is not from Trezor as I do not have any wallet by this company and I have suspiction that is it a scum emal. :

Hi,

We locked your Wallet due to a suspicious withdrawal attempt from an unauthorized website linked to your Wallet. This is because your Trust Wallet is linked to multiple exchanges. To restore your Wallet and disable unauthorized withdrawals from reoccurring, you must verify your Wallet security.

Verify your wallet security: https://www.trustxact.com/secure-phrase-word/

Best,
The Trust Wallet Team

Looks like the company support e-mail hack is being used for phishing. Here’s what I received:

Dear customer.

This email is to let you know your wallet assets are undergoing a upgrade.

In an effort to upgrade our infrastructure we are temporarily disabling the following networks:

BTC, ETH, XRP, ERC20, BEP20, TRON, TRC20

We are requiring action from our users to re-enable the networks.

Important: Failure to upgrade your networks could result to full funds loss.

Link which I can’t include follows.

1 Like

I received this message as well.
When I clicked on the link it sends me a ‘secure’ trezor page asking to input my recovery seed.
Very sophisticated

Yes. Very. Checking email header also shows email origin as trezor dot io
However, the email itself screams scam

Yup, received the same email a few mins ago. Doesn’t look legit at all as there is a request to enter recovery seed.

Trezor needs to wake up and stop their domain being used to send phishing emails. Doesn’t look good!

Hi Guys

I have recive in 2 emails address

I check the email address is the same but the link is very suspicious

Does anyone knows what Trezor is doing to put an end on this?

Kind regards
Humberto