About the Hardware issues category

Hello team!

I am working on a Macbook Air M2 + external display Samsung M8.

My problem is: when the laptop is charging, I’m using USB-C for connection to my Air and charging, Tresor screen does not respond to touch. I have to turn off the monitor (disconnect Type-C) or use HDMI so that there is no charging, only then Trezor touch screen react. I noticed that the power supply for the monitor is two-wire and does not have a third wire for grounding. I tested this theory by connecting an Apple charging with three wires are used. All ok. I cannot refuse to use this monitor, it is at my home and the same in my two offices. What can be the solution in this situation? Turning off the monitor every time is a problem because Trezor is used very often during the day.

Small updates: I have checked more than 5 power supplies from different brands that have a EU socket and only two wires without grounding, everything works as it should. It looks like Samsung is saving a lot on something… If you have experience solving this problem, I will be grateful to you, but I think the problem is not in Trezor.

I accidentally shattered the touch screen on my Tezor T. Where can I buy a new screen?

My relatively new panzer glass is causing double taps and missed taps. I would like to get tips on how to safely remove it so I can access my Model T.

I have lost six entries as reads wrong password, so I need this off before attempting again!
Suggestions please!

Hi @teatreelover,

First, I would like to mention that as long as you have your recovery seed backup, you cannot lose your funds even if the device is wiped/damaged/destroyed. Please, find more information on the importance of recovery seed at https://trezor.io/learn/a/how-to-use-a-recovery-seed

Try to gently remove the panzer glass by starting peeling it of at the corner. From your description, it looks like there is an issue with the calibration of the display of your Trezor. Make sure to try a different USB cable and if you use your Trezor device with laptop, try it also with the disconnected charger (chargers can sometime cause issues with the touchdisplay). Please, let us know the results.

I understand I can use the recovery seed, thank you anyway for pointing it out. I have a spare Trezor if needed. This issue only began after panzer glass installation.
OK so Prying it only “shards” it. pun intended. I tried to start at a corner and it shattered at the corner. with the case raised around the screen you are forced to use a steep angle so you cannot pry in between the glass and the screen.

1. Is it possible to remove the case without damage to unit? How?
    I am a rusty old component level tech so should not be a problem for me if I know the correct way to pop the case.
  2. Panzer glass support finally responded that I should carefully apply some heat source to soften adhesive. for most devices I wouldnt like removing laptop batteries glued in but worry a bit about doing this to my trezor. Any recommendations on this?
  3. I am having trouble finding a version compatibility guide for each version of Trezor Suite
    I upgrade and the new version was nonfunctional after install alerting me that my MacOS was not compatible with the newest version of Trezor suite.( reinstalled an earlier version I knew was working)
    The update window on startup does not mention the MacOS version that is compatible with it. Git hub does not mention compatible MacOS versions either.
    Would appreciate some guidance on this. I have now upgraded to MacOS 11.7.10 , this is the latest version my computer can uprgrade to.

Your recommendation to test the touchpad responses with power disconnected was golden!
I have tried it three times after unplugging power and has worked ok without missed keys or double entries. I had recently replaced the power supply with an aftermarket unit.
Thank you for that tip, I would have never imagined or connected the dots :clap:

1 Like

Hi @teatreelover,

I’m glad to read that you managed to solve your issue!

Regarding the question about the compatibility, as you can find at https://trezor.io/learn/a/os-requirements-for-trezor

If you have macOS 11.7.10 (Big Sur), Trezor Suite should be working without issues as it is supported by macOS 10.15 and higher.