Unknown transaction

Hello,

Today in Trezor Suite I transferred all my eth from a wallet I own to another wallet I own. (I chose “Normal” fees and the transfer lasted about an hour.)

In the transaction history of the wallet I transferred the eth from there is something that I don’t understand and that seems weird : the eth I transferred appear in 2 transactions : the first transaction (chronologically) is a transfer to an unknown address which is very similar to the one I sent the eth to. This first transaction is marked as “Sent ETH”. I have not approved this transaction. And the second transaction (chronologically) that shows up is the one I did and is marked as “Transfer”.

Plus in the transaction history of the wallet I received the eth in the transaction is marked as “Transfer”, whereas when I receive btc, transactions are marked as “Received BTC”.

Thank you in advance for your explanations

1 Like

If the transfer was completed and you received the amount you sent in your other wallet, then the transaction address you don’t recognize is probably an “Internal transaction”. However, it’s hard to say without seeing the transaction and you shouldn’t post it here in public, for privacy reasons.

You may lookup your transaction yourself in a service like etherscan and see the whole transaction history there, with type and status.

1 Like

Hi @Trezoruser2,

from your description, it looks like you are a target of address poisoning attack.

Please, find more information in this thread: Has my trezor been hacked ?

You can find more information on address poisoning attack in this article: https://trezor.io/support/a/address-poisoning-attacks

1 Like