Ronin trezor hardware lost in my ronin account upon reformat my computer

ronin trezor hardware lost in my ronin account upon reformat my computer

Hi @archdr

When using third-party apps, beware, some of them create their own default wallet, different from a Trezor generated one. (For recovering such wallet you would need a recovery seed related to this wallet which is different from Trezor generated wallet.)

Please, see the post below explaining the difference. Although, it refers to MetaMask app, the principle is the same as for Ronin app.

1 Like

its a ronin trezor hardware wallet it was trezor generated ronin address in my ronin account

Generally, when the same recovery seed is used and the same passphrase is entered (if enabled and used), the same wallet is accessed. There is no exception. It always generates the same wallet including the same accounts having the same addresses in the same order. The public-key cryptography ensures it generates always the same result.

Therefore, if you have been using the Passphrase feature, keep in mind, passphrase is case sensitive and space is a valid character as well. Passphrase is a feature that enables you to create as many hidden wallets as you need to. Once you enter the same passphrase, the same wallet is accessed. However, if you enter a different passphrase, you create a different wallet. This is why there is no such thing as a wrong passphrase.

Since default wallet is passphrase non protected, just leave it blank to access your default wallet.

If you have already re-imported your Ronin Wallet, then all you need to do is “Connect Hardware” again, and find the ethereum address that was connected to that Ronin Trezor Wallet.

As long you are using the same passphrased digital wallet that you used during your initial connection of your Trezor to Ronin, then you should have no issues finding it.

1 Like

thanks for your help but I have last one question why there was a 13seed phrase given by trezor when at a time I making new wallet i though it is only 12 thanks

Hi @archdr

It is possible to generate 12, 18 or 24-word seeds on both Trezor devices. There is nothing like a 13-word seed.

By default, while using Trezor Suite, Trezor Model T creates a wallet with 12 seed words and Trezor One generates a 24-word seed. Both models are compatible with public standards and it is possible to create a recovery seed for your wallet using 12, 18 or 24-word seed on both devices. In terms of security 12-word recovery seed is safe enough (128 bits of entropy), also due to enhanced security achieved by using Trezor Model T touchscreen.

Read more if you like

hi @archdr i found similar case with you
i can’t find my ronin on trezor, i hope can get back due some axies there
do you can recovery your lost ronin ?