General crypto discussion

Hei @rimaS,

Looks hot too, in that picture. You have full summer while we have full winter. From 21 - 23 January we had -27 C (-16.6 F) here where I live. This picture is from my garden on Jan 25:

I try to feed both birds and deers. :slight_smile:

Weekly death cross? Where did you hear that? I hear some people doom Bitcoins death all the time. They often parrot the authorities, which are basically saying “It’s volatile and you can’t trust it. It’s used by money laundrers, tax svindlers and other criminals, and it’s not regulated. So we need to protect the common people against crypto in general and especially Bitcoin.”

But I don’t think Bitcoin will die anytime soon. In fact, I think it’ll easily reach the value of $1M - if it gets widely used, in parallel with fiat money. Why? Because it’s a very limited amount, 21M in total and some think about 1/3 of that is lost already because people have lost their seeds, and if everyone want Bitcoins (or fractions of it) then the price will go up skyhigh, as with any other sparse resource.

My chart is below. I haven’t had the time yet to replace those coins I talked about earlier though. But I’ll do that soon, I hope. Some new coins are interesting to watch, for instance NextEarth (NXTT).

2 Likes

Here the sun comes out at 4:30h in the morning and by 06h it is already at 30c.

But the worst really is the humidity 96%… it is very dense and heavy on the breathing

Enjoy the cold I will bear with heat…

I know some of you have heard about Tropic Square, the new company that’s developing a crypto chip for totally Open Source hardware wallets! For those who haven’t heard about this before, Tropic Square is a spin-off project from SatoshiLabs (who makes the Trezor) and there’s exciting news coming from the company these days. Check out their website and sign up for their newsletter, if you want to be the first to know the latest.

1 Like

Hahahha you almost got me

Colder than cold cold storage

Haha! Good one. It reminds me of another not so cold wallet with a similar name. :grin:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Using Trezor in Binance Smart Chain Network

Also found this quite peculiar

Hm. Strange. Some would say it’s trash filling up his/her disk space (“almost THREE HUNDRED KILOBYTE! I will sue Apple!”) and others would say it’s interesting reading. The news of the document on Apple machines are interesting anyway. I wonder what happens to that Engineer now? :sweat_smile:

Today’s crypto prices, with my selection of coins. Still haven’t had the time yet to replace those coins in my list I talked about earlier.

You’ll notice that Bitcoin is going up and has soon risen to double what it was in November last year.

In other news, I’m soon going to build a new PC for myself. It’s about time I got something new now. I have all the parts, except for a new GPU (marked future in parenthesis) but that must wait. I’m pretty sure AMD’s next gen. of GPU cards will be much better anyway.

I made the design myself, inspired by the (old) ASUS ROG forums. If you want to see how I designed it, the recipe is here. Free to use and no need to acknowledge me for it.

1 Like

Wasn’t expecting this one. Hahahaha

The one and only

:point_up:

3 Likes

WoW, congrats! You’re certainly devoted. I don’t have that badge.

1 Like

Dark Mode Browsing

If you’re like me and prefer a dark mode theme when browsing, then here’s a tip you can try.

I’ve tried a lot of extensions/plugins to enable dark mode browsing but with no luck. Some don’t work without strangling the browser resources, others work only sometimes. In-built experimental browser functions may work though: Community tip: Dark Mode - Dynatrace Community

I’m currently trying out Dark Mode in edge://flags.

1 Like

Aahhh haaaa finally

Is this really it? @Petosiris what do you think?

It would be really awesome if it’s a new device with open source secure element from tropicsquare

Let’s see

1 Like

Very interesting, @rimaS! I hadn’t heard about this release before now. The image looks like a device with a flat screen and a periscope on top. Haha!

Really interested on this, not because I want to buy.
But just because some innovation, I hope

1 Like

Yeah, I understand. I share your curiosity about this new OS tech. And I may buy any new product that comes out of it too.

Since it’s the 11th here now, the reveal is tomorrow (10:30 Central European Summer Time)! :slight_smile:

Less than a day…

But suddenly I am not feeling it anymore…just hope this turns out to be a good and innovative new product

Either way I am eager to watch.

Ohhh by the way Trezor is also supporting Africa Bitcoin Comunnity official sponsor in Ghana. That’s cool

It’s here

1 Like

Well, it’s supposedly more secure, with EAL6+ security chip. I need to read more about that chip to understand why it’s better.

But I’m kind of disappointed that it seems to have the same coins support and I also hoped for a larger screen, with touch support. The new device seems to be an alternative/replacement to Trezor One. I had hoped for a replacement for Trezor T with a larger touch screen.

Heiii @Petosiris

Yeahh I told you I suddenly was not feeling it…

But not disappointed, of course we always expect more but for a company refusing to work with closed source SE this was a game changer.

Still I would prefer to have seen a more innovative device, with a QR reader or PSBTs so you wouldn’t have to connect directly to a machine. Bigger screen. Make use of the of sd card slot like it was initially thought.

I Found the Safe-3 a very reasonable contestant to the ledger’s. I think the inclusion of an SE is a major security bump, like 10x safer (10x might be too much)

Here is a link on info of the SE trezor is using in it’s new device

What I really found awesome was the Trezor Keep for backing up your recovery seed words.
Wow it looks really nice, and I have heard it is as strong as other competitors like cryptosteel.
Yup this one really caught my attention.

The lack of support for more coins I don’t mind as you should probably know by our time here discussing these matters.