XRP Price - Not Updating in my Suite Dashboard

Hello there,

New to this forum, been using Trezor T model for over a year without any issues and love it, until recently these past few weeks I’ve been noticing a little issue when viewing my account balance within the dashboard of the Trezor Suite.

After logging in and seeing my coins and balance the live price of the coin (on my dashboard) is not updating to the current market prices , as it states that it was last updated 22 days ago (when the price was at around $0.52/£0.43) and it hasn’t updated to the current market price since.

I’m ok with receiving and viewing my coins but I’m unable to see my balance updated in real time to the current market pricing. I haven’t made any transaction out of the Trezor as all I’ve done is accumulated over time.

I’m running the latest suite 22.11.1 update along with the Latest Trezor T firmware version 2.5.3. I’m just unsure if this is something to be concern with, or could it be the network is congested?

I have to attached some photos just so you can get a better understanding. I’ve already sent two messages the same as this one through bug report within my dashborad, but have yet to hear any response back.

I look forward to hearing any responses from you all on this matter, I appreciate any support that comes back.

Kind regards

Phil

P.S. I don’t have any other coins in my Trezor account.