How to recover wallet through a third party?

What are requirements which other companies’ wallets need to have to be able to recover the crypto wallet with using the recovery seed phrases generated by Standard Seed Recovery of Trezor ?

What are requirements which other companies’ wallets need to have to be able to recover the crypto wallet with using the recovery seed phrases generated by Standard Seed Recovery of Trezor ?

Hi @trezor22,

Please do not cross-post and please do not write an essay in the subject field.
I’ve moved your other post into this one and edited the subject.

Hi - they all use the same standard, so you can use the same seed word set (for example, 12 words or 24 words) with any hardware wallet in the world. Your seed words will work on any of them.

1 Like

Which companies’ wallets can successfully recover the wallet with using the recovery seed phrases generated by standard seed backup of Trezor ?

All of them. Literally, every hardware wallet in the world uses the same seed words (they are a set standard, universally accepted). None of these words belong to any manufacturer. If you have your words, you will ALWAYS be able to get your coins back from ANY wallet in the world.

Other wallets , which need to use the same BIP39 standard and the same derivation path standard , can recover the wallet with the Trezor standard recovery seed phrases ?

Yes this is correct, any wallet compatible with BIP39 will let you recover your account.

Hot wallet

Cold Wallet (only for desktop)

This last one can be a little more technical but great security and privacy features

Happy Holidays

Good luck

New to Bitcoin so be please patient. So the 12 words is all I need and another wallet that is compatible with BIP39? I don’t need a public address or some other means of identifying where the coins are on the block chain?

Hi @bdw611,

I can confirm you need only your recovery seed (12 words). If you use passphrase feature, you also need to know your passphrase of course.