Wallet recovery following Metamask issue

Hey Guys,

I had an error connecting metamask and processing an external transaction (nft related) last night using my Trezor. I re-downloaded metamask and haven’t been able to recover the trezor wallet.

After typing in the passphrase, I can’t seem to locate the correct wallet address. I have tried different devices and still having the same issue. I’ve read through some forums and can see people have had the same issue.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Probably we have the same issue. Does this occur after updating the trezor?

I had the same problem after the update, The ronin wallet can’t detect my hidden wallet from trezor.

Hi @dallys,

If you can’t see desired address with your funds in step “Select an account” while connecting Trezor to MetaMask, it means you are accessing a different wallet. Either you have a different recovery seed stored in your Trezor or you are entering a different passphrase.

There is a simple way how to check if recovery seed stored in your Trezor matches your recovery seed backup, you can find manual on how to perform this check here: Check your seed (Dry-run recovery) - Trezor Wiki

If the check was successful, the issue is with your passphrase.

To access a wallet that includes the address you want to add to MetaMask, you need to use the same combination of recovery seed and passphrase as you used when you generated this address for the first time.

You can find more information on passphrase in video from this thread: Using passphrase in Trezor Suite, MetaMask and other apps

Hi @Matsuda,

It is possible that your Trezor was wiped after the firmware update. Check if recovery seed stored in your Trezor matches your recovery seed backup, you can find manual on how to perform this check here: Check your seed (Dry-run recovery) - Trezor Wiki

If the check was successful, the issue is also connected with the passphrase.