Trezor problemas

hola buenas tarde, dia o noche acabo de recibir mi trezor modelo t, el cableado del trezor no conecta bien, tambien el programa no reconoce mi trezor, el trezor enciende pero mas de ese paso no avanzo

Do you have the latest Trezor Bridge installed? I would suggest reinstalling the newest version from this source: Trezor Wallet (once installed, please proceed with clearing your browser’s cache). After successful installation, you should see “trezord” process running in your activity/system/task monitor.

Also, please:Make sure that you are using a supported browser - Chrome or Firefox (try both and try using Incognito/privacy mode as well).

Try using a different USB cable, or USB port and make sure that you are connecting your Trezor with the cable directly to the computer; please avoid using any USB hub or adapter.

Also, please, try connecting your Trezor device to another computer, preferably with a different operating system where Trezor Bridge is installed as well.

If you are using a VPN, certain advanced Firewall or Antivirus settings, browser extensions (AdBlock, Privacy Badger, etc.), or some cryptocurrency apps such as Geth or MetaMask, please try to disable them. It is possible that some of these are clashing with Trezor Wallet.

hola nuevamente ya pobre con cada uno de las soluciones que me dio y ninguno me dio resultados sigo sin poder utilizar mi trezor modelo T, intente inclusive con un equipo completamente nuevo y cableados distintos aun a si no me a funcionado el trezor que otra opción pueden darme a esto?

Please submit a request using following form: Trezor Hardware Wallet (Official) | The original and most secure hardware wallet.
And get back to me with a ticket ID so we could possibly proceed to RMA process.
Thank you.