Trezor ONE in Booth state after firmware update

When trying to update my trezor one firmware, it repeated the same step 4 times. I aborted (on trezor) the last round and disconnected. Now it is in booth state and it displays “incorect state” I followed all the instructions how to reinstall new firmware, but I it does not allow me to go anywhere since it displays “incorrect state”. I am connecting to Mac computer. I have the seed ready (as i assume all the data are gone) but have no idea how to make the trezor function again to re-set my seed… = get my bitcoins back. As you can imagine it does not make me happy at all.

Hi, thank you for your response. Maybe I am stupid, but following the Suite manual link does not help, because when I am prompted to connect the trezor to the computer it just pops up “Device is in the incorrect state” and I can only re-connect the trezor again (will tell me the same) or to contact support that I am trying.

If there would be any pop-up dialog or menu to choose from to start firmware update I would do so, but there is nowhere to click… or am I missing something? I have downloaded the trezor suit desktop app as well as trying on https://suite.trezor.io/web
Thank you for your help.

Filip

Try to update the Firmware through Trezor Wallet instead of using Trezor Suite.

See here:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. When I went to wallet and hold the buttons i got to install new firmweare. I had to enter the seed to recover my founds but all successfully done.

Thanks again… :o)

Filip

1 Like

Great to hear and happy to help! :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: Trezor shows zero balance