Trezor Model T - Hidden Wallet Receive Address has Changed!

Hello,

I have the latest Exodus software, Trezor Suite and new Trezor Model T.

I created a hidden wallet on the Trezor Model T using Exodus. I have accessed that same hidden wallet several times now over several days (re-entering the correct passphrase etc each time).

But today I noticed that the RECEIVE address for the hidden wallet has changed! Is this normal? I thought that the RECEIVE address would remain static - no?

I only have one hidden wallet on the device and I see my coins and can SEND them if I want. But right now I am nervous to do any transactions because of the different RECEIVE address on the wallet.

Is the RECEIVE address SUPPOSED to change (for e.g. after every transaction) or is it supposed to remain static for the life of the hidden wallet? If the latter, then how in the world could my wallet RECEIVE address suddenly change?

best,
Adrian

Hi Adrian,

As it has been stated several times in various threads of this forum:

When the same recovery seed is used and the same passphrase is entered (if enabled and used), the same wallet is accessed. There is no exception.

It always generates the same wallet including the same accounts having the same addresses in the same order. The public-key cryptography ensures it generates always the same result.

So the only possible explanation is that you are using different combination of seed and passphrase.

Thank you, Michael but that was not the question.

The question was - can the SAME wallet have a NEW deposit address?

It seems that the answer is YES, at least as far as other wallets are concerned. For example, the Coinbase wallet changes its deposit address after every transaction.

So is Trezor the same? Does the hidden wallet on Trezor generate a NEW deposit address after every transaction?

speaking for example about bitcoin, then yes Trezor Suite generates fresh addresses for each transaction.

When receiving coins, it is possible to receive multiple payments to the same address. However, it is recommended to use a new address for each transaction as this benefits user privacy.