Trezor Crashes Metamask

This is not new. This is not a surprise. I am not the worlds most advanced, but am highly tech savvy.

Your device does not allow me to navigate the web as advertised. I cannot make the most simple send transaction from my Metamask wallet to another wallet I own without it causing the Metamask extension to crash (which previously worked fine) until connected to the Trezor T wallet. This is regardless if I attempt transactions other network such as the BSC or ETH networks.

Platform:

• Trezor suite (22.5.2), Latest
  • Trezor device firmware (2.5.1) Latest
  • Metamask (10.14.6) Latest
  • Brave Browser (1.38.119) Chromium: 101.0.4951.67 (Official Build) (64-bit) Latest

This is not new. You are selling a product with a track record of years of this issue persisting with no remedy offered. Consumers don’t find out about this failure to deliver until they have paid and attempt to make transactions only to find out it crashes Metamask every time. This device is only effective if you want to limit your investments to the extremely limited coin selection you have partnered with. No crypto trader savvy enough to invest in hardware wallets is interested in being limited to the paltry list of weak coins/tokens you support without integration with 3rd party wallets.

Please advise based on what I now see is years of similar complaints and run-around instructions that never resolve the issue?

@ MichalZ

• I successfully connected Trezor T to Metamask
  • I successfully added BSC network
  • I successfully transferred several coins/tokens to Metamask on BSC network
  • I successfully transferred several coins/tokens to Metamask on ETH network
  • I am unsuccessful at attempting to transfer ETH out of Trezor connected Metamask on ETH network
  • I am unsuccessful at attempting to transfer BNB out of Trezor connected Metamask on BSC network
  • Attempts at either result in immediate crash of Metamask when I hit Enter at the Export key prompt

My next step is to try remove Trezor from Brave and try add extension to Chrome & see if that will work. What steps do I need to take to disconnect my hardware wallet from Brave/Metamask, then install Metamask extension in chrome and then recover my funds?

I have access to seed phrase for Trezor & Metamask accounts

thank you.

Hi,
1.Brave is not a supported browser. Use Chrome or Firefox.

1. you issue is most likely connected to this, which means you are using wrong passphrase:
1 Like