Transaction not recived

Hey i did a Transaction from Crypto.com App to my Trezor, Polygon MATIC on the Polygon Network, after 4 Hours i still didnt get the funds, even tho it is completed in my Crypto.com App ,did i lost it and did i choose the wrong Network, can i somehow recover my funds ?

hi @msterjanovski

Polygon network is not natively supported in Trezor Suite thus third party wallet (such as MetaMask) has to be used.

For more information see following video:

Okay so i did it like every other Token with the Coinmarketcap ETH Adress and sent it there beacuse i didnt know this way, can i somehow return my coins ?

sure, you can send them at anytime using third party wallet interface (MetaMask) as shown in the video.

Well the problem is, i already send the MATIC coins yesterday in a exact way with how i do with all the other coins, i copied the ETH Adress from the Coinmarketcap site and add it on the “Add Token” option in my Trezor and send the coins on my ETH Adress from my Trezor, so now i cant see my coins anywhere, i just did connect the Polygon Wallet to my Metamask as showed in the Video but there are 0 MATIC as i expected.
How can i return the coins i send yesterday ?

could you please confirm that you are accessing the same address (where you have previously sent your tokens to) via MetaMask and you have correctly set custom network RPC or used chainlist.org as shown in the video, yet you still don’t see your tokens ?

No as i said before i didnt know thats the way it works so i did it as all the tokens by copying the Public Adress from coinmarketcap and adding the MATIC Token to my Trezor and sending it to my ETH Address. I watched the video afterwards and i didnt knew thats the way how i can transfer my MATIC coins. My question is can i return somehow the coins from my transaction that i obviously did wrong ?

I am not quite sure that you understand how it works, let me explain:

The token contract address you got from Coinmarketcap you are referring to (and which can be obtained also from Coingecko or any other data aggregator or suitable blockchain explorer) refers to the address location of the actual token contract that manages the logic for the tokens. It does not refer to the address that holds your own personal tokens

In other words, token contract address is just an identifier. In other words the contract address is necessary for wallet interface (Trezor Suite or Metamask) to know exactly which token you’re referring to.

The address itself is the location of a smart contract which manages the balances of all token holders, amongst other things, such as the total supply and its basic features (name, decimals, etc.)

And if you have transferred your MATIC tokens to standard ETH address generated in Trezor Suite (even though on Polygon chain). Your funds are safe! - they are on the address of which you hold the private key.

The only thing is that you won’t be able to see/access those tokens using Trezor Suite (thus you won’t be able to move those token using Trezor Suite either) because those tokens were not transferred using Ethereum mainnet but Polygon chain that is build on top of Ethereum layer and uses same format of addresses (it is EVM compatible).

That’s why you have to pair your Trezor with third party interface (such as MetaMask) which offers the possibility of setting custom network RPC (alternatively you can use tool available on chainlist.org that does this setting for you with couple clicks only).

So the video provided is essentially a tutorial on how tokens sent to address generated on Trezor (using different network than Ethereum, but EVM compatible one) can be accessed (not sent).

Once you follow the steps given and you will be able to access/see your tokens, you will as well be able to send them elsewhere.

Hope I have shed more light on this issue.

If you would have more additional questions or anything still wasn’t clear do not hesitate to ask.

1 Like

Oh now i get it, sorry for my stupidness.
Anyway i did everything from the Video connected my Metamask to my Trezor and the Matic network from chainlist.org, but i still cant see my Tokens how can i fix that ?
Thank you for your big explanation and sorry again, never had anything like this happened.

no worries, we are all learning :wink:

are you sure that you are accessing the same address (the one where the tokens were sent) ?
in other words is this address listed in the list of addresses offered to connect to after you export your public keys and enter passphrase (if used ?).

1 Like

I was able to accessess it, thank you very much for your support, best job, send me a link where i can rate you.
Thanks again

1 Like

nice! I’m glad to read that.

Don’t worry about the rating I am happy to help :wink:

1 Like