Testing Suite features and trezorctl

Hei @community support.
@zapla @radekP @forgi

Hope everyone’s is great :+1:.

I am constantly trying and testing things on trezor suite and its wallets.

I would like to know if there is a way to test features without having my trezor always connected.
As for now I only have Trezor T and I don’t want my trezor connected all the time when I am testing things.

Is this possible? Does joining the new feature program testing help whith this?

Anything?

I have also discovered some instructions manual pages regarding to trezorctl that contain code that is not up to date.
Where is it best to give this feedback?

Thanks
Best regards
Keep up the good work

Hi, what is the issue with trezorctl manual? You can post it here.

For testing there is an emulator here, but it is quite advanced, the instructions are on GitHub.

1 Like

Thanks for the emulator link @forgi

As for suggestions and corrections to instructions manual I will be posting on this thread then.

Here is an example.

I am using terminal macOS and the response I get is that it doesn’t accept enable but you to change to on or off. (Maybe because of the OS I am using)
For non technical this can be a problem

Also we can include in these instructions for which OS it is.

Thanks Again
:+1::muscle:

Indeed @forgi I will start looking on the install process slowly.

Thanks

Heiii team, hei @matejcik

Is there away to change from bitcoin-only firmware to general firmware and visa versa on trezorctl? Or is this only possible on Suite?

Here I don’t find anything

Is another place with a more complete list of commands?

Thanks

Run trezorctl --help to see a list of commands and command groups.
Run trezorctl firmware --help to see a list of firmware-related commands. For your convenience, here is a mostly up-to-date full list.
Run trezorctl firmware upgrade --help to see a full help text for the given command.

There’s ongoing work to make the help texts better, but they’re very useful already.

The --bitcoin-only option to trezorctl firmware upgrade will select Bitcoin-only firmware. Not passing that option will deselect it. Unlike Suite, trezorctl will not care what you currently have, so if you’re on Bitcoin-only and want to keep Bitcoin-only, you need to always pass --bitcoin-only.

2 Likes