Send sats from exchange to Taproot account

Hi

I tried to send sats from an exchange to my Trezor Taproot account. While it did not work I asked the exchange with following answer:

“We just double checked your case and the only solution that we came up with, is that the QR Code you are scanning transmits more information than what we can read in the App.”

They said that sending sats to a Taproot account is usually not a problem.

Anyone have any ideal what I can do?

Thanks in advance

hi @pangpui

What exchange do you use? Some exchanges don’t support it yet…
Also, can you try to just copy and paste the address and don’t use QR code ?

Hi

Thanks!

I have some sats on Relai. I tried to input the taproot address manually as well but did not work.

I tried a native segwit address and it worked so I’m wondering if it could be something with taproot address?

Furthermore, I have moved sats my from Trezor segwit native account to Trezor Taproot account - no problem!

The problem is when I try to move sats from Relai till Trezor Taproot account.

…as mentioned, Relai confirmed that it is possible to send sats from Relai to a Taproot account.

Hi @pangpui I have just contacted Relai for a similar issue.

I am trying to buy some sat and send them directly to my Trezor wallet, but there seems to be a problem when I sign the message with my Trezor model One.

Relai has sent me an email stating that the problem resides on the Trezor signature process and it’s then Trezor who must resolve the issue.

Anyone else with the same problem? How did you then get through?

hi guys,

Please note that nobody has defined how to sign messages with Taproot addresses yet, so Trezor can’t support it atm.

There also might be some issue with withdrawing the funds from Relai to segwit addresses because Relai apparently don’t support BIP137 standard.

We will try to reach out to them and find the possible solution (also regarding the QR codes) however I can’t give you any ETA now.

In the meantime the easiest workaround would be to withdraw your funds to legacy account and from there send it to desired address format /account type (which means an additional fee).

Thanks @zapla

I am sorry if I did not clarify that I am trying to send my funds from Relai to a Native Segwit account (I took this threat as an opportunity because the OP was also trying to send from Relai).

The workaround I have found at the moment is to buy into the Relai wallet and then send from here to my Trezor account. This adds extra steps (some fees) and is less safe, but so far I have not been able to do anything else regarding this issue.

Asking Relai people they mentioned the issue had something to do with AOPP but I have no idea if that is the case. They also confirmed that this issue does NOT happen with Ledger or Bitbox.