Safe Update in Trezor App

Hi, I have a question regarding updates. Whenever I login to the Trezor App and I am asked to install an update, I feel uncomfortable. Is there a way to double check the integrity of the update? So that I can be 100% sure that the update is safe and really is made by the Trezor Company?

Your Trezor device will refuse to install any update that is not from Trezor Company. So that’s your integrity check right there.

3 Likes

Thank you for your help. I have one more question: Right now the trezor suite app asks me to install a firmware update (I have the trezor 1). But on the trezor website I can only find the information that there is a November firmware update for the trezor Model T. But none for the Model 1. Why is the app asking me to install the update?

Maybe you skipped a previous update? What is the supposed new version? What is the version currently on your Trezor?

As far as I remember I didnt miss an update. The current firmware version is the version universal 1.11.1. The new update I am asked to install is the update universal 1.11.2. I am using a trezor Model 1. Thank you very much for your help.

Version 1.11.2 was released in August: Trezor Suite and firmware updates August 2022: Bitcoin-only firmware in Trezor Suite! | by SatoshiLabs | Trezor Blog

So either you did miss an update, or you did not update Suite (the firmware updates come bundled in), or for some random reason the notification never showed up until now.

In any case, the upgrade is legitimate.

Thank you very much that helped me. And yes you are right I was not updating the suite until couple of days ago. That might also be the reason why i couldnt send funds from my wallet (because I updated the suite but not the firmware). So I will update the firmware and hope everything works fine then.