Questions on Trezor that will be connected to Ronin and Metamask

I recently bought a trezor model one and have a few questions regarding the correct way to link it to my Ronin and Metamask wallet.

1. I created a new wallet via trezor suite, do I also need to create a new ronin and metamask wallet for better protection or is it safe to use my existing wallets? Only trezor-linked addresses will require trezor confirmation, right? So my old wallets would function the same without the need for a trezor.

2. Is it ok to simply use the “connect to hardware wallet” option in the mentioned wallets? If my ronin wallet or metamask wallet seed phrase is compromised, will the hackers have access to my assets that are transferred to trezor-linked addresses that are available in the same wallet?

Hi @Nyonyi1007

In general when using third-party apps, beware, some of them create their own default wallet, different from a Trezor generated one. (To recover such wallet you would need a recovery seed related to this wallet which is different from Trezor generated wallet.)

Once you initialize Ronin wallet, there is a default account(s) created (the red one in the picture). If you wish to use it, then you need to keep your Ronin seed phrase to recover and access this account whenever needed. This account is not a part of Trezor wallet.

On the contrary, there are Trezor accounts (the yellow in the picture). The same accounts are generated in MEW, Trezor Suite etc. These are Trezor generated accounts and can be recovered only by using Trezor recovery seed (and passphrase if enabled and used).

You don’t need to create new wallet, if you proceed to connect hardware wallet you simply link your wallet to the interface (ronin extension).
For additional protection you can start using passphrase feature:

And yes, only trezor.linked addresses will require trezor confirmation.

yes you can simply use that button. Even if the seed of 3rd party app will be compromised your private keys will be always securely stored offline on your device, thus safe. So the potential attackers will have no access to the addresses that are derived from Trezor seed.