Password manager trezor suite support

Requesting to have password manager added to Trezor suite so it can locally decrypt the saved passwords and not depending on cloud services.

Do not merge or delete this topic, it is a genuine new feaure request that needs attention as there has been no updates concerning the password manager.

If dropbox stops working with Trezor like Google did, then we have no access to our encrypted passwords.
Exporting it in plain text and locally encrypting it yourself is not a valid solution, Trezor stands for security and that is just a no no imo…

There are no plans to add TPM to Suite, it is a separate project. But thank you for feedback.

Are there any plans at all for the password manager?

One thing I wonder about is seeing about having the Trezor wallet added to KeePass and other utilities as a hardware device to protect data. Unlike the current configuration that supports YubiKeys, if I lose my Trezor device, I can buy another one, restore from a code, and be back up and running, which makes the Trezor wallet an excellent and extremely secure companion to KeePass.

1 Like

I would even be willing to pay for Trezor version, that way they actually get some extra revenue and can host it on their own servers instead of 3rd party servers.

I already switched to nordpass now, i’m not taking any risks anymore… I think this project is dead in the water and it was nice while it lasted. :slight_smile:

Nordpass is great but any password manager which saves your passwords in cyberspace is a security risk. Lastpass was hacked a few years ago, for example. I’d advice you to use a local password software which saves your passwords encrypted to your disk. It may not sync your passwords between devices, but is much more secure.

Hi, any recommendation?

If you ask me, I’d recommend …

KeePass – if you’re primarily a Windows user. V2.x can be installed in MacOS and Linux, under Mono
KeePassXC – if you want a cross-platform version compatible with Windows, MacOS and Linux

I use KeePassXC myself.

NOTE: None of these have Trezor Suite support. They’re stand-alone password programs which saves your passwords locally on your computer.

EDIT: Both are Open Source (GPL) and free/gratis to use!

1 Like

I would also recomend bitwarden as it is fully opensource and for more advanced users you can also store data on your own server through docker if I am not mistaken.

They have great features and very good encryption
And it is multi platfrom

Other than these I have not experimented

:ok_hand:t5:

1 Like

+1 to tr1lsy for raising this issue. I completely agree that I, for one, want the Trezor hardware device encrypting / decrypting my passwords/notes and I would gladly pay for a Premium Trezor Suite with password management to ensure that Trezor can allocate appropriate members of staff - we literally have a wallet ready to pay for features and users want to pay for features.
For instance, would it not be nice to send in an encrypted blob and to display the data (password?) on the screen?

To my mind, passwords and labels in the Trezor Suite are actually pretty similar at a fundamental level. There is a requirement to store encrypted blobs using the Trezor device - be they passwords, labels, notes / instructions in the event of death etc. Like labels, we would like to be able to pick from a range of blob providers (Google, Dropbox, Local Storage, memory card etc.).

My preference would be to have “Passwords” to the right of “Accounts” and “Dashboard”.

Anyhow, +1 from me!