Packaging received from Trezor

I bought a Trezor wallet last year (2021) I had not used it to this point and was in the process of watching videos on how to use the wallet. I was going thru Trezor site, looking for information and noticed the packaging timeline. Mine did not arrive with shrink wrap, the stickers are in tact, however, the packaging looks to be from 2016 and not 2021, which is when I ordered. I am concerned for the security of the product I received. I had a a few issues ordering and payment going through and fraud alerts that may have been through my bank, I can not remember, I just remember it being an issue to order and then it finally went through. Anyway, I am concerned on the packaging. Advise? Should I be concerned to use it?

For sure, as the device is bought directly from us, everything should be genuine and legit. However, there are a few security measurements with Trezor that can be checked.

• Trezor One has a security hologram placed on the box. Trezor T over the port, these should be intact so you can be sure no one was manipulating with the device earlier.
  • All Trezor devices are distributed without a firmware software, so you need to install it for your first use. If there is a firmware installed already, then that means that someone used this device before you.
  • The bootloader verifies the firmware signature. The device only runs if the firmware is correctly signed by SatoshiLabs.
  • Because the recovery seed is generated during Trezor setup, there is no default seed, only the seed you will generate for yourself. If you encounter any Trezor device with pre installed firmware that was purchased as new, please let us know.

Hi there
I received my package opened by customs I believe but Im not sure.
The UPS package was opened and resealed and the Trezor box was also opened and the label on the buttons taken off and roughly put back!
Still waiting for advice from CS
Can I still use it if the firmware has not been run?
Can I test if its still viable to use as already paid international shipping and customs duty ; (
Thanks
Steadybird

That doesn’t sound like something Custom Service needed to do. When they open the box they see all they need to, so my guess is that someone may’ve used the device before you received it. If you bought it directly from SatoshiLabs then maybe some unfaithful person working for UPS, CS or your local mail service was tampering with the device.

It may still work and be safe to use, I don’t know.

Thanks.
They opened the box completely. All customs needed to do is check no drugs and its electronic and charge accordingly not take the whole thing apart! I thought that when you login its then and only then the seeds keys are generated.
It would be useful if someone from Trezor could tell me if it is useable or not. Customer service are now not responding to me.
Its very frustrating as Im not a techy person - just wanted to get some crypto of exchanges!

If anyone else can comment, ideally from Trezor Id appreciate it.
Thanks

HI there
My package was opened my Mexican customs ( I think) As my UPS package was resealed with cellotape but the Trezor box ordered directly from Trezor was opened already ; (
So can I still try to use it bearing in mind these instructions? As in if someone tried to use already. Trezor has a security firmware that would stop that? Or just not to use at all?

Theres not much left of my crypto in any case right now! LOL

1. All Trezor devices are distributed without firmware installed - you will need to install it during setup. This setup process will check if firmware is already installed on the device. If firmware is detected then the device should not be used.
  2. The bootloader verifies the firmware signature each time you connect your Trezor to a computer. Trezor Suite will only accept the device if the installed firmware is correctly signed by SatoshiLabs. If unofficial firmware has been installed, your device will flash a warning sign on its screen upon being connected to a computer.
  3. You will need to generate a recovery seed during Trezor setup. This seed is unique, ensuring only you have access to your private keys.

If your Trezor device shows a warning or an error message during the setup process, please try our chatbot Hal who will help resolve your issue.

I checked again and the package was actually opened by UPS and sealed with UPS cellotape. Normally customs put a paper in to say they checked it nothing. So looks like UPS is the problem. Still no reply from customer service re if I can use the opened one…