Order to Developing Country

I stay in shady accomodation in a developing country in South East Asia where I rent a PO box. The only stated shipping option is UPS and they won’t deliver to a PO box. I went to their office to ask if I could pick it up there as I can’t trust people where I live. They told me it will definitely be stopped in customs and I’ll have to go out to the airport myself, but there’s no way to know the duty in advance.

I asked on the forums for foreigners staying in this country and was told that customs here will basically charge whatever they like as a bribe, so I don’t think that’s a good option.

Is there any way to have it come straight to my PO box as normal post, as it’s the courier service that customs target?

I could have it sent by a reseller but I’m concerned of malicious firmware. But I don’t understand how that works. When I receive it, is it possible to just 100% wipe it clean and download everything over, so if it was tampered with, it wouldn’t matter.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi @lifemagic, I am sorry to say that, but we are not able to deliver to P.O. boxes. It is a limitation of our shipping partners. I am afraid your only chance would be to provide a home address. Anyway, you can use our official resellers listed here: https://trezor.io/resellers/

There are important security measurements proving whether your newly purchase Trezor is safe to use:

1. All Trezor devices are distributed without a firmware software, so you need to install it for your first use. If there is a firmware installed already, then that means that someone used this device before you.
  2. The bootloader verifies the firmware signature each time you connect your Trezor to a computer. You can connect to Trezor Wallet only if the firmware is correctly signed by SatoshiLabs. If there was an unofficial firmware installed, your device would flash a warning sign on its screen upon connecting it to
  3. Because the recovery seed is generated by you during the Trezor setup, you can be sure you are the first and only owner of your private keys.

OK, I ordered two model one’s to a relative in the uk who will now forward it to me, and I also ordered the extra lead to plug it into my phone as I read it’s Android compatible.

Now I’m looking for the guide to how to set it up on my phone and I’m only finding guides for PC, which is odd as I bought an android lead. Please tell me I don’t need a pc, because I don’t have one!

Sure you can set it up on your Android phone directly: https://wiki.trezor.io/User_manual:Using_Trezor_with_Android__T1

Thanks so much for your time in answering. Now it’s all clear to me and I can’t wait to receive then and finally secure my funds.