New Trezor one, keeps saying Connect your Trezor

@Petosiris
Hi, its not stuck on bootloader mode as i already use a laptop to properly install everything needed for the trezor, it includes the seed phrase and pin.
FW
i was able to use it on the laptop, i even tried to make a ronin hardware wallet on it. My main issue is that it only works on my laptop, but when i plug it on my desktop. the trezor is detected by the device manager but the trezor suite or even the trezor wallet web site cant detect any device, it keeps saying Connect your trezor, even while the trezor is already lit with the icon i chose.

I already did the step you mentioned as ive been monitoring any updates on this community, even while the trezor is in bootloader state the website cant detect it.

Hm. :thinking: There must be something different in the setup of your two PCs, I think.

I guess you’ve tried most things you can try then, but I’ll list a few here, in case you haven’t tried it.

• Check that you hear a mechanical click sound when you plug in the USB cable
  • Try another USB port on the PC, preferrably one that’s not on a USB hub
  • If you use a USB hub, make sure it’s powered
  • If you use another USB cable than the one that came with your Trezor, check that this cable can transfer data and isn’t just a charging cable
  • Check with Task Manager that process “trezord” runs in your PC
  • Check your version of Trezor Bridge, maybe it needs updating or reinstall
  • Try to quit Trezor Suite and restart it again
  • When you connect your Trezor, listen for the confirmation sound for connection of the device from Windows before you start Trezor Suite
  • If it’s been a long time since you restarted your PC, try that
  • Look for anything more that is different on the laptop, compared to your PC

Not likely, but I list it anyway:

• Check that any browser plugins don’t interfere with Trezor Bridge. Most importantly, any ad blocker and script blocker.
  • Use only one browser tab at a time with Trezor
  • Try another browser - preferrably newly installed, without any plugins or extentions added

My guess is that the most probable cause is either a) the USB cable, b) the USB port, or c) the bridge.

@Petosiris
i really appreciate your help,

Trezor Bridge version
TB
Trezor bridge is working on my taskbar

Trezor suite is 21.8.1

Yes i always here the sound when you plug in any device
trezor detected

-restarted the PC
-re install the trezor suite
-Disable firewall
-I installed Mozilla Fire fox (still didnt work)
-Tried different cable
-plug it on 8 usb plugs at the back and 3 usb on front

any other option?

Not at the moment … I have to sleep on it, I think. My workday is already 14 hours long today. Maybe someone else can suggest what to try. :slight_smile:

Hi @Rochi,

I’m quickly running out of suggestions here, but there are a few more things I’d like you to try.

• Update your Windows with the last fixes.
  • Run an anti-virus scanner and see if there’s any malware on your PC. Also, clean up your PC with a suited program for removing trackers and cleaning your Registry.
  • Run the PC with as few other programs possible running at the same time.
  • If you are using a VPN or some cryptocurrency apps such as Geth or MetaMask, please try to disable them. It is possible that some of these are clashing with Trezor Wallet or Suite.
  • Try to reinstall Trezor Bridge from this source https://wallet.trezor.io/#/bridge.
  • Check Trezor Bridge Status, available from http://127.0.0.1:21325/status/
  • Check if any other programs are using the same port address (21325) as Trezor Bridge.
  • Then, try it again please, preferably with both supported browsers; Chrome and Firefox in incognito/privacy mode.
  • Try using Trezor Wallet https://wallet.trezor.io/#/ instead of Trezor Suite and see if that works.

Hi @Rochi

Please, try connecting in bootloader mode to Trezor Wallet Trezor Wallet instead of connecting to Trezor Suite. See instructions User manual:Updating the Trezor device firmware - Trezor Wiki

TL;DR [INFO] Trezor stuck in bootloader mode during firmware update

Last but not least, thanks @Petosiris for doing a wonderful job here and listing all other suggestions. Highly appreciated :clap:t4:

1 Like

Bro did you resolve yours? because we have the same problem and now just now whenever i plugged trezor in to my laptop, suite won’t detect my trezor… Can you help me if you happen to fix the problem.

1 Like

I too just bought TREZOR ONE - The cable wobbles about when it is connected. It is very loose. As it moves the connection is lost then reconnected then lost ! I am horrified ! The build quality is appalling .
Question is - what do I do now ???

I’m in that fix too and unfourtunately I wanted to transact, have to pay some bills, oh im so frustrated, was even thinking of buying a new one, and it’s not like it’s cheap😢

ticket ID: 164255

I have the same problem … Trezor not detected by suite or metamask, but detected by USB port. Have tried disabling firewall … did not help. Best solution maybe: Dont use Trezor.

No replies from trezor support …

you have received a reply from our agent, please follow the troubleshooting he provided you with.

He is sending a generic response … Trezor does not connect to Suite, so I should try incognito mode or another browser, eh? Makes sense

Pathetic that Trezor is unable to proberly diagnose a trivial issue : connecting their device to their software. Lol

You were instructed to use a different cable (which you have not based on your response), and try the web version too.

Kindly respond to the ticket, you will get the new device after the troubleshooting does not work.

I sent a screenshot of windows reporting the USB port is connected to the device called “trezor interface” and is working correctly. But you are still waiting for me to buy a new cable and try with that?

Also, the device works with trezor suite on a third computer, so it must be a configuration. And the bridge is running and windows defender disabled.

I dont need a new device, I need the trezor to work again like it had for more than a year. Maybe it has to do with avg antivirus, that is the only app I installed recently. But removing avg antivirus has not solved the issue.

yes it is in that case, install correct drivers please

there is nothing wrong with the usb port driver otherwise it would not be able to read firmware from the device.