New coins support

Hello. When do you plan to add a coin Tron (trx)

4 Likes

Hello,
as mentioned in this topic, new coins support has been postponed and there is no ETA for any new coin at this moment. Stay tuned for new information on this forum. Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

Hello. When do you plan to add a BNB

Hi,
although, Binance Smart Chain is not officially supported by the Trezor Wallet, it is still possible to use it connecting your Trezor to Metamask.

First, you just need to “Add a Custom Network” to MetaMask. A guide is here: Use MetaMask For Binance Smart Chain - Binance Chain Docs.

Pair then your Trezor device with the MetaMask application, as instructed Apps:MetaMask - Trezor Wiki.

You will be able to interact with all BEP20 tokens using Metamask and your private keys will be secured by Trezor device.

2 Likes

Thanks for the guidance on this, but I am still looking for assistance. I followed the steps above, and was able to send the BNB to my metamask using my Trezor ETH address, but I cannot see the transaction on the Trezor Suite tool. Is this normal, or should we be able to see the BNB (and value) on the Trezor suite? If not, this is kind of worthless and I may as well send BNB to my cool wallet where I can view the transactions and see it in the portfolio value. Thanks, Shawn

1 Like

Hi, I have Trezor One and want to have XRP on my Trezor wallet which is now supported only on T version. Will XRP be available on One in near future too or I have to buy the T model?

Thanks,
Hrvoje

2 Likes

Hi, XRP on Trezor One will probably never happen, not anytime soon at least. If $XRP is your go-to coin we suggest upgrading to Model T.

1 Like

Hi,

this is normal. BNB is not supported directly so you have to view and managed it using a 3rd party wallet. The important thing is you are securing your hot wallet with a hardware wallets as the private key is held by Trezor. If you simply store it with any software / online wallet, you are exposing yourself to a risk.

1 Like

Hi,

So if I buy T model, there will be no problem to transfer account to it?

Thanks

1 Like

If you initialize your Trezor T with the same list of words as your Trezor One then it will be effectively the same account and no transfer is necessary. You can keep using both in parallel.

2 Likes

Hello, I am having a difficult time with storing Cardano (ADA) on my Trezor One wallet. Is that because the model One does not support this coin? If so, will Trezor add Cardano? I do not wish to upgrade to the Model T as I have just purchased this model.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi,

our goal is to port the model T firmware to model One which may bring the support of certain coins as well, but can’t really tell at this moment if ADA will be one of them.

2 Likes

Hello,

I’m new with this. Just bought a Trezor model T and set it up successfully, then downloaded Trezor Suite and installed that. But I noticed that the coin list in Trezor Suite was only 20-something coins and many of my alt coins were missing on the list, so I set out to google to find out how to transfer my alt coins to Trezor T.

I’m still searching, although I have found some articles and videos that explain how to do this, but I’m not confident that I can do it properly. It seems difficult to me and I’m afraid the transfers I do won’t be correct and the coins lost.

Could you please point me to an article/video which explains this issue in a good and understandable way?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @Petosiris
Could you tell me which coins specifically do you want to store with Trezor?
Not all coins can be used in Trezor Suite.
Check this list first:https://trezor.io/coins There you will find out what wallet (interface) you have to use for each coin. This information can be found in the “Wallets” column.

Also, regarding all the ERC20 tokens, given that they are built on Ethereum blockchain, you can simply send the tokens to your ETH receiving address that you can generate in Trezor Suite https://suite.trezor.io/ - Ethereum account - Receive tab and once the tokens arrive, they will appear in your Ethereum account.

Hi @NIYAK

Thank you for your reply and for the link to the supported coin list. I already found that a few days ago. :slight_smile:

Some of my alt coins are Cardano (ADA), Polygon (MATIC), Stellar (XLM) and Synereo (AMP). I see in the list of supported coins that none of these are supported by Trezor Suite directly at the moment, but that I can do transfers from other wallets (than Trezor Suite), and that AMP will be supported by Trezor Suite soon.

However, I’m still not sure how to do that from another wallet. Do I need to make an account on all the other wallets listed to be able to do this? I have a couple of other wallets now, which I want to move alt coins from, but those are not listed as compatible in the Trezor coin list, for the alt coins I mentioned above.

You say that ERC-20 tokens can be sent to my ETH receiving address, but won’t that result in that the alt coin with ERC-20 ends up as ETH on the Trezor T? For MATIC, for instance, I’d want it to be stored as MATIC on my Trezor T.

1 Like

@Petosiris Let’s start with Cardano. As per the list, ADA can be used in the Adalite wallet. You can find a step-by-step tutorial to connecting to Adalite with Trezor on our Trezor Wiki: Cardano (ADA) - Trezor Wiki
Trezor Wiki is, by the way, the best source of information and I highly suggest going through it.
Once you are logged in, you can generate your ADA receiving address where you can send the coins and that’s it, your ADA coins are secured by Trezor.

We also have a step-by-step tutorial for XLM compatible wallet: Stellar (XLM) - Trezor Wiki

Regarding the ERC20 tokens, yes, you can simply send them to the ETH receiving address, though they will not be mixed with actual Ether coins. You will see the tokens in Ethereum account - Tokens section, where each token will have its own balance displayed there.

1 Like

OK, thanks @NIYAK! I’ll look into the Trezor Wiki and come back here if I have more questions. :+1:

1 Like

Sure, feel free to reach out anytime!

2 Likes