Need serious help!

So I recently updated to the Trezor T Model & there’s some serious issues. So I transferred all of my bitcoin to it & everything was working fine and then they rolled out an update and it glitched out my Trezor, so every time I entered my passcode it was say it was invalid but I’m 100% sure the passcode was correct so I read online and it seems other people have had this issue and one person said to reset the trezor with your recovery seed so I did that since there was no other option but after I recovered it with the seed all of my wallets are now gone and I can’t see my balance nor past transactions!!! So what was the point of a recovery seed if it’s not going to recover my wallets?! Very unprofessional on Trezors part….

Heiii @Urharmless welcome to the forum…

Lets see if we can help,

First things first:

What do you mean by passcode?

1: pincode (only digits)

2: password (if you are using external wallet diferent than trezor suite it can ask you for one)

3: Passphrase (A passphrase functions like an extra word added to your recovery seed)

What wallet are you using? Trezor Suite?

If in the creation of your wallet you added a Passphrase then when recovering your wallet you need to enter the recovery/seed words + Passphrase only these together will generate your wallet

Also a passphrase behaves very particularly (NOT the same as a password), if you mistype misspell or get anything different than the first time you typed the passphrase any wallet including Trezor Suite will generate a new wallet based on this newly written passphrase.

I.e Passphrase = Passphrase
When you enter it the second time = passphrasE or paSsphrase
these differences in typing will result in a new wallet

My mistake, I meant the pincode you have to enter on the trezors touch screen

Hi @Urharmless,

you can find information on how to reset PIN here: https://trezor.io/support/a/how-to-reset-your-pin

As @rimaS mentioned, you will need your recovery seed to reset PIN.

1 Like

Im sorry it took so long to reply I’ve basically given up. Like I stated in the first post, I used my recovery seed and it literally did nothing but create an entire new wallet and didn’t recover any of my funds. I’m very upset that I’ve just lost 2 BTC. FUCK TREZOR I WILL NEVER BE BUYING ONE OF THESE PRODUCTS AGAIN AND WILL BE TELLING FRIENDS TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS PIECE OF SHIT

Have you used a passphrase before? If so you need to use exactly the same passphrase again. Simply put, if you are sure your recovery seed is correct, the only way how to access a different (empty) wallet is with a different passphrase.

If you haven’t used the passphrase before, you need to access “standard wallet” or leave the field for the passphrase absolutely empty.

Generally, when the same recovery seed is used and the same passphrase is entered, the same wallet is accessed. There is no exception, the public-key cryptography ensures it generates always the same result.

1 Like

I did not use a paraphrase, but the way I was recovering the wallet was through trezors website I wasn’t using Trezor Suite’s desktop application. Shall I try to recover the wallet through there? When I use the recovery method on their website it’ll ask for my recovery seed and I’ll enter it correctly then after that it’ll act like I just created a new wallet and I can’t check my transactions or any of my original wallets associated with this recovery seed. I am so confused because I thought the recovery seed was the “login/password” to recover the wallet in case the trezor broke or if something happened to my computer, etc. What was the point of writing down my recovery seed and all of that stuff just for it not to work when I need it most?! I am 100% sure that everything is correct. The way this all originally started was I updated my Trezor T model with the touch screen and then it said my pin was invalid like the pincode you enter on the trezors touch screen and I know for a fact I was entering the correct code, every time I would enter it would load for a long time then say it’s invalid and it also said if I continue to fail it’ll be permanently locked so I googled my issue and I found a forum post where someone had the same exact issue as me but they didn’t have funds in their wallet, anyways they said all they had to do was recover the wallet with their recovery seed and their wallet profiles were still there. I’ve tried everything and I am just beyond stressed that my 2 bitcoins are just locked away in there and nothing is helping!!

I did not use a paraphrase

Is the correct BTC account with your funds enabled? If your BTC is on an address that starts with “3” the Legacy SegWit account needs to be enabled. If your BTC is on an address that starts with “1” the Legacy account needs to be enabled. SegWit account (addresses start with “bc1”) is enabled by default.

Make sure you have the correct account with your funds enabled. In case it is enabled and you still don’t see your funds, then you recovered a different recovery seed (if you did not use a passphrase). Is it possible you have more recovery seeds?

I was recovering the wallet was through trezors website I wasn’t using Trezor Suite’s desktop application. Shall I try to recover the wallet through there?

The recovery process in the desktop and the web versions of Trezor Suite are exactly the same, there is no difference in the desktop version.

I am so confused because I thought the recovery seed was the “login/password” to recover the wallet in case the trezor broke or if something happened to my computer, etc.

This is exactly how recovery seed works. You can find more information here: https://trezor.io/learn/a/how-to-use-a-recovery-seed

I am 100% sure that everything is correct.

As mentioned above, in case you have the correct BTC account enabled and you did not use passphrase before, the only explanation is that you recovered a different recovery seed. When the same recovery seed is used and the same passphrase is entered (if this feature is used), the same wallet is accessed. There is no exception, the public-key cryptography ensures it generates always the same result.

it said my pin was invalid like the pincode you enter on the trezors touch screen and I know for a fact I was entering the correct code, every time I would enter it would load for a long time then say it’s invalid and it also said if I continue to fail

If your device didn’t accept the PIN, it means that you used an incorrect one. It is not a problem if you have your recovery seed. You can reset your device, recover your original wallet with recovery seed and set a new PIN as described here: https://trezor.io/support/a/how-to-reset-your-pin

Every time you enter the incorrect PIN again, the wait time increases by a power of two. That is the reason why you need to wait so long for another attempt. After 16 incorrect attempts, your device wipes itself, making it possible to access your funds only with the use of your recovery seed.

Update: I managed to fix the issue & I managed to transfer all of my funds out of the trezor to my ledger. I will never use Trezor ever again. Thank you everyone who replied to me on this thread and helped. Appreciate you all. Cheers :slight_smile:

so there was nothing wrong with Trezor, just your inability to find the coins correctly…can you at least say how you “fixed” the issue?

3 Likes