My trezor didn't arrive

Last week I bought a Trezor and paid for express delivery. Tomorrow I will leave the country and lose my wallet.

Hi @mario, please submit a ticket at https://trezor.io/support/logistics/form/ and post your ticket ID here. One of our agents will help you sort this out. We are sorry for any inconveniences.

Ticket ID: 104092

¿What will happen now? Because I am not in shipping place

I ordered for 20 units of trezor ONE, YOU GUYS charged my Card for 1060 Euros after you took money from my account you guys DID NOT sent me ANY confirmation nor invoice, I received emails that my order was incomplete? how come that you charge me for 1060 Euros? PLEASE EMAIL ME IM GETTING PISSED OFF because of your poor service

Ticket ID: 104237

Ticket ID: 104025

it been weeks NONE from your team replied

HELP!!

I ordered for 20 units of trezor ONE, YOU GUYS charged my Card for 1060 Euros after you took money from my account you guys DID NOT sent me ANY confirmation nor invoice, I received emails that my order was incomplete? how come that you charge me for 1060 Euros? PLEASE EMAIL ME IM GETTING PISSED OFF because of your poor service

Ticket ID: 104237

Ticket ID: 104025

it been weeks NONE from your team replied

Hi @paullouisesquivias we will reply to your ticket soon, please do not open more new tickets, they are merged into one case… thank you.

DHL just notify me the package is near address shipping, but I leave country last week. I remember you that I paid more money for expedite shipping. Now wath will happen?

@mario you have already been contacted by my colleague in the ticket, she will solve your issue there, thx