MetaMask Trezor Wallet Issues

Hello,

I recently got a Trezor, I have my 12 word phrase backed up.
I connected my Trezor to my MetaMask and sent funds to the address that Trezor created.
I have since gotten a new PC and when I connect my Trezor to MetaMask it asks me to select an account. The account address I had before is now not listed at all. I cannot find it in all of the lists. Even if I choose BIP44, Ledger Live and Legacy.

It asks me to enter a paraphrase when connecting but it also says “Leave passphrase blank to access your default wallet” . I am not sure what paraphrase they are referring to.

I have a good amount of funds in there and will compensate anyone that can help me here.

Thank you,
Isaac

Hi @iowitz

did you generate your receiving address in Standard or hidden (passphrase protected) wallet ?

Please note that Passphrase is an optional feature of the Trezor device which allows users to create hidden wallets.

Once the passphrase feature is activated on the device, you can provide any input of your choosing and it will be used to generate a completely new wallet. To access this hidden wallet repeatedly, you will have to use the exact same passphrase in combination with the recovery seed on the device.

More info in following article:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: About the Third party wallets category