Metamask: Can only access Hidden Wallet not Standard Wallet

When I try to setup Trezor T with metamask the only accounts I can see are the ones from my hidden wallet.

How do I access the accounts in my standard one? When metamask asks me o export public keys, there’s only one account showing (assuming this is for the hidden one).

Hi @mantonio

After exporting your public keys you will be asked to enter your passphrase (if enabled):

If you want to access your Standard (not passphrase protected/hidden) just leave the passphrase empty - enter an empty passphrase (no passphrase at all), the device will proceed exactly as if the passphrase feature had not been activated at all.

After this step you will be prompted to choose desired ETH address from the list:

Thank you, that resolved it.

Hi @MichalZ , thank you for your comments,

I have connected my Trezor one with this method to my “account 1” of metamask which is compromised (this account already existed, it is connected to a certain place where I have frozen assets and they have just stolen any asset in just 9 seconds to this account), I must change my assets to another account but avoid being robbed in the process.

They recommended Trezor to me, however it imposes the block only on the local computer, if you made transfers from another computer it is as if the Trezor did not exist (I have done tests and yes … I have been robbed again).

The account is visually connected as a hardware wallet (only on the computer where the Trezor has been connected).

Hoping not to be a nuisance, I urgently ask for your help: cry:.

What can I do to lock out any computer that tries to transact with the Trezor one?

Hi @Jons

That is not technically possible and below is explained why:

When using third-party apps such as Metamask they create their own default wallet, different from a Trezor generated one. (For recovering such wallet or spending funds from its accounts you would need a recovery seed/ private keys related to this wallet which is different from Trezor generated wallet.)

Once you initialize MetaMask wallet, there is a default account created (the red one in the picture). If you wish to use it, then you need to keep your MetaMask seed phrase to recover and access this account whenever needed. This account is not a part of Trezor wallet.

On the contrary, there are Trezor accounts (the yellow and the blue one in the picture). These are Trezor generated accounts and can be recovered only by using Trezor recovery seed and you can spend from them only using Trezor private keys (derived from Trezor recovery seed as well).

When using third-party apps, beware, some of them create their own default wallet, different from a Trezor generated one. (For recovering such wallet you would need a recovery seed related to this wallet which is different from Trezor generated wallet.)

It does not matter what host device (computer) you use with your Trezor. As long as you can connect your device you just export your public keys (if ou wish to use 3rd party wallet such as Metamask) and enter passphrase (if enabled and used) and you will be able to access desired wallet and spend funds from its addresses.

Please note that Metamask acts like watch-only wallet in a sence that you can still see your previously added hw accounts but if you won’t use appropriate private keys (derived from Trezor seed as explained above) you won’t be able to sign the transaction.

That being said, you won’t be able to sign any transaction in 3rd party wallet without your Trezor connected if you follow security best practices (and don’t expose your recovery seed)