When working in Binance Smart Chain, Metamask sometimes starts to freeze, it cannot show the nonce and instead shows just an empty field. If the nonce is still shown or if you specify it manually and send a transaction, then the redirect to the Trezor page does not happen. More precisely, a page with a Trezor connection may appear, but for example 10 minutes later. And it can last for 20-30 minutes, and then everything suddenly starts to work wonderfully. This happens regularly. I suspect that Metamask refers to some node in the BSC network and tries to get some data from there, but the data does not come, or it tries to connect to trezor.io nodes but due to the fact that many people at this moment use Trezors at the same time, these packages hang somewhere.
And no notifications appear, no waiting spinners, no window with Trezor appears, and the Metamask popup sometimes simply collapses and shows that the transaction has been sent, although in fact it is not.
Firstly, please make sure you are running the latest firmware and Trezor Bridge version 2.0.27, available from https://wallet.trezor.io/#/bridge
When your Trezor device is paired with the MetaMask application, as instructed Apps:MetaMask - Trezor Wiki, check the custom settings:
- to import Trezor’s public keys, connect the Trezor device, go to MetaMask, and pair it with Trezor
- instead of Main Ethereum Network, select Custom RPC
- as Network name type in Binance Smart Chain
- as New RPC URL type in https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/
- as ChainID (optional) type in 56
- as Symbol (optional) type in BNB
- as Block Explorer URL (optional) type in https://www.bscscan.com
For more information, please see another manual: Get Started on Binance Smart Chain in 60 Seconds | Binance Blog
Once it’s done, you need to add a custom token by copy-pasting its contract address to be listed in your account.
Hey! Thanks for the answer, all the network parameters have been configured long ago, otherwise I would not be able to work at all in BSC. Bridge latest version. The problem is not on my side, because almost all the time everything works fine. But as soon as the load on the network grows, the combination of Metamask + Trezor stops working.
Assuming, you are able to connect your Trezor device to Trezor Wallet. Correct?
Check below listed suggestions;
- Use supported browsers only. Either Chrome or Firefox (try both and try using Incognito/privacy mode as well).
- Clear you browsers cache.
- Not only using a VPN, but also certain advanced Firewall or Antivirus settings, browser extensions (AdBlock, Privacy Badger, etc.), may cause connectivity issues, therefore please try to disable them as well.
- On top of that, use only one application/website/browser tab with Trezor at a time. It is possible that they are clashing each other.
Hi! Thanks for the answer, all the network parameters have been configured long ago, otherwise I would not be able to work at all in BSC. Bridge latest version. The problem is not on my side, because almost all the time everything works fine. But as soon as the load on the network grows, the combination of Metamask + Trezor stops working.
If none of these tips helped, then the only option left is to use another computer and give it a try, or using another compatible app with your Trezor device.